Sponsored

Anyone cancel ATT Wifi then resub later?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I cancelled my ATT wifi for 4 months, which I used problem free for about 2 years prior. IIRC after 3 months of not paying they delete your account so you just make a new one and put in your VIN, either from Mopar.com or direct in ATT, I forget.

Anyway, I resubbed after making a new account, my vin is there, a phone number is there and I get NO cell signal. ATT says their pings can see the Jeeps Uconnect but it isn't responding to initiate the connection. I've pulled the Uconnect fuse. ATT of course tells me to take it to Jeep which I'm sure will just try to replace my Uconnect in the end.

Has anyone unsubbed and resubbed and had cell signal work no problem?
Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I haven't even used it but curious about your experience. I was wondering if it would be useful for a dash cam.

On the Uconnect side, any changes there seem to take forever. I think they batch their updates to keep costs down with whatever cloud provider they are using.

OP
OP
swozey

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't even used it but curious about your experience. I was wondering if it would be useful for a dash cam.

On the Uconnect side, any changes there seem to take forever. I think they batch their updates to keep costs down with whatever cloud provider they are using.
It works great when it works. It's ATT and my cell phone is tmobile which is pretty trash everywhere I've lived so when I'm traveling I pretty much have to use the ATT network. I haven't had a bunch of people on the wifi or anything, I just use it for spotify/nav

Yeah I paid the $20 for a month of data and waited the whole month for it to kick in before calling ATT. I'm sure the "fix" is replacing my radio which I'm not dealing with.

I wound up throwing my ATT hotspot with an Ipad data plan in the jeep but they just jacked the prices up to $40/mo for it, so I wanted to get my Jeep going again..

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Does it work when the jeep is off? I have AT&T so it doesn't make as much sense for me. But if it worked with a dashcam that would be great.

My Ford had the same thing, but speeds were much faster to my phone when I tested.

Uconnect activations seem to be taking anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

I had my 4xe for 2 weeks before I got my first charging notification.

OP
OP
swozey

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No it only runs for the 5-10 minutes where uconnect stays on while the jeeps off, like when you turn on ACC and it turns off after a bit. I tried to use the Jeep wifi as my house wifi while I was moving once and it was pretty much pointless because of that. Also the jeeps wifi barely extends outside of the Jeep. My office was right next to the garage and it barely penetrated the wall/jeep. I don't think I ever tried it while at a camp site w/my Jeep next to it but I have a feeling it's wifi is too weak for that to be worthwhile.

I really just need to get an ATT account but my phone has become a 99% dedicated Spotify player since the pandi started.

Last edited:

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
That sucks. I could be wrong, but think my old Ford system had some kind of mode that allowed longer usage.

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
No it only runs for the 5-10 minutes where uconnect stays on while the jeeps off, like when you turn on ACC and it turns off after a bit. I tried to use the Jeep wifi as my house wifi while I was moving once and it was pretty much pointless because of that. Also the jeeps wifi barely extends outside of the Jeep. My office was right next to the garage and it barely penetrated the wall/jeep. I don't think I ever tried it while at a camp site w/my Jeep next to it but I have a feeling it's wifi is too weak for that to be worthwhile.

I really just need to get an ATT account but my phone has become a 99% dedicated Spotify player since the pandi started.
A way around the time limitation is to set the parking brake and leave the Jeep On and in neutral instead of ACC mode. However, other systems are powered up and some motor on my 2.0 eTorque kept running while in the On state. I was able to run this way for an entire day, but don't really recommend it for that long. I keep hoping that the Tazer will address the power issue by allowing an override of the ACC timeout.
To work around the short range, I got a travel wifi router and set it up to take the 5GHz output of the Jeep and retransmit on 2.4GHz band. Much better range.

OP
OP
swozey

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A way around the time limitation is to set the parking brake and leave the Jeep On and in neutral instead of ACC mode.
Well you just solved a huge issue I have every time I camp in my Jeep.. Next up is adding a rear tailgate opener inside..
Sponsored