Sponsored

Anyone buying the extended warranty on the 392s ?

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Wondering if it is worth buying the extended dealer warranty on the new 392... it being the first model year I am leaning toward paying for it. Thoughts ?
Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I bought the 8 year/70,000 mile $100 deductible Mopar MaxCare plan for mine. Paid $2340. There are a lot of different opinions on extended warranties, but I'm a fan. I know what repairs can cost, so this is cheap insurance in my mind. Perhaps I've been jaded by owning too many Range Rovers!

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I think extended warranties are an insurance racket. You pay money and they look for any reason to deny the claim because of something you did to your vehicle. Once in a blue moon you hear it saved someone some coin but most often it is not used or denied. Put that money in a savings account and have it available should you need it.
My 2 cents...which is worth about that!

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Wouldn't you think the 392 would probably be the most reliable wrangler powertrain though? Obviously axles will pop quite easily but the engine/trans itself should be quite reliable I would think.

Now for the rest of the JL-ness, the warranty could be a great option but I personally wouldn't get it specifically because of the 392

OP
OP
SDJEEP4PAPA

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Wouldn't you think the 392 would probably be the most reliable wrangler powertrain though? Obviously axles will pop quite easily but the engine/trans itself should be quite reliable I would think.

Now for the rest of the JL-ness, the warranty could be a great option but I personally wouldn't get it specifically because of the 392
Just thinking of it being the first year for them.. sure there will be come bugs but I guess if they don't show up before 36k miles they are probably not going to be a problem.

Others posters make very valid points both ways... still on the fence.. guess I will decide when I sign the paperwork hopefully later this week..

Cheers

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Wondering if it is worth buying the extended dealer warranty on the new 392... it being the first model year I am leaning toward paying for it. Thoughts ?
I absolutely would on a first model year with new packaging.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
Use Tom Winkles at Hayes Jeep if you want the mopar extended warranty. He quoted like $1250 or something crazy if I remember right and that was for an 8yr 80k+ warranty. Might have changed since then but he is always one of the best on the forums!

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Extended warranty?
Damn, found me here too.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone buying the extended warranty on the 392s ? 5C99C068-F531-4EFE-91C2-44F8BFCAE61E

Last edited:

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

New model or not, it’s still a Jeep. 🍋 🔥 🍻

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

I think most of the engines and drive train is low risk. It's everything else. All the computers and electrical.

I would consider a warranty for all of the electronics on new vehicles. Plus inflation. Labor is getting more expensive. A few hours diagnosing can easily cost $300-$400 in labor. The crappy 8.4" UConnect 4 infotainment head unit has a $2K msrp or something? I had 2 of them replaced under the regular bumper-to-bumper and there was still a problem. The dealer spent countless hours trying to figure out what was wrong. I mean more than a month. I was in a rental loaner for over 5-6 weeks. I would hate to see the invoice on that claim.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I think most of the engines and drive train is low risk. It's everything else. All the computers and electrical.

I would consider a warranty for all of the electronics on new vehicles. Plus inflation. Labor is getting more expensive. A few hours diagnosing can easily cost $300-$400 in labor. The crappy 8.4" UConnect 4 infotainment head unit has a $2K msrp or something? I had 2 of them replaced under the regular bumper-to-bumper and there was still a problem. The dealer spent countless hours trying to figure out what was wrong. I mean more than a month. I was in a rental loaner for over 5-6 weeks. I would hate to see the invoice on that claim.
This.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel

Yep. Thats what I was getting at with the "jl-ness".
Sponsored