Sponsored

Anyone buying stock like crazy right now?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm holding still.It's just too volatile for me to jump in. But yes, I'd love to buy some stock in the next few weeks.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So we all have apprehension about the stock market crashing right now, whether you’re an investor or not. Probably most (all?) of us remember when the housing bubble burst in 08 and how much money was lost. Well, personally I’m in a different place financially than I was then. So even though most of my investments are taking a beating (I haven’t looked at my 401K but my wife has) I have other money not tied to the markets that I can invest. When GM was about to go bankrupt in 2009 and was trading at .75, I knew in my heart the government wouldn’t ever let that happen. I told myself that I should scrape up every penny I could and buy a couple thousand shares. But in the end I didn’t. :headbang:

Well this time I’m listening to that voice. Time to buy and hold some things. I’m looking for dividend stocks or ETFs. Anyone else? Got suggestions for any?
I'd wait and buy on the way up.

I was just thinking of what companies might get bail outs. Airlines will get help. America needs Boeing. They will get a bail out if they need it. A month ago they were at $350. Boeing is at $103 this am.

Thankfully my advisor bought VXX options weeks ago.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

I was just thinking of what companies might get bail outs. Airlines will get help. America needs Boeing. They will get a bail out if they need it. A month ago they were at $350. Boeing is at $103 this am.

2019 dividends weren’t bad. It’d have to go significantly lower for me to take a bite.

Sebuh

First Name
Sebuh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I restocked on crypto as it too is on sale like stonks.

Mainly bought into XTZ, Tezos. It was at 3.90 a few months ago at the peak and went as low as .90 recently. It's all time high has been 12.

The good part about Tezos is you can gain interest on holding the crypto long term. About 5.5% APY right now. So it's basically a dividend every 3 days.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

I bought UVXY and TVIX a few months ago and for a few weeks I thought I lost my mind. Sold them yesterday, probably sold too soon but oh my it has been a one hell of a fun run!

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

The issue that I have with Boeing is not the bailout per se — I agree that will likely happen.

the problem is the terms of the bailout. I have a sneaky suspicion that the bailout will involve direct equity or equity tranches in the form of warrants or something. Depending on the shape of those, they could be highly dilutive to equity holders...... that might be one of the political talking points “well, yes, we bailed them out to save jobs (blah, blah) but we made sure that the equity holders carried a big burden too. No free lunch.....”

I don’t think that it’s possible politically to not shave the heads of equity holders. The question is: “how much?”

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The issue that I have with Boeing is not the bailout per se — I agree that will likely happen.

the problem is the terms of the bailout. I have a sneaky suspicion that the bailout will involve direct equity or equity tranches in the form of warrants or something. Depending on the shape of those, they could be highly dilutive to equity holders...... that might be one of the political talking points “well, yes, we bailed them out to save jobs (blah, blah) but we made sure that the equity holders carried a big burden too. No free lunch.....”

I don’t think that it’s possible politically to not shave the heads of equity holders. The question is: “how much?”
I'd stay away from Boeing. They will split off the commercial airline business from the defense and space business in the next 12-18 months.

I expect the commercial side to struggle and likely go the path you point out.

The defense/space business is being pulled down by the commercial side. And if you look at L3Harris and others it's now become common for defense players to dump the commercial side.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So we all have apprehension about the stock market crashing right now, whether you’re an investor or not. Probably most (all?) of us remember when the housing bubble burst in 08 and how much money was lost. Well, personally I’m in a different place financially than I was then. So even though most of my investments are taking a beating (I haven’t looked at my 401K but my wife has) I have other money not tied to the markets that I can invest. When GM was about to go bankrupt in 2009 and was trading at .75, I knew in my heart the government wouldn’t ever let that happen. I told myself that I should scrape up every penny I could and buy a couple thousand shares. But in the end I didn’t. :headbang:

Well this time I’m listening to that voice. Time to buy and hold some things. I’m looking for dividend stocks or ETFs. Anyone else? Got suggestions for any?
Vanguard Large Cap Mutual funds. Extremely low maintenence fee.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vanguard Large Cap Mutual funds. Extremely low maintenence fee.
Yes. I already have that in my 401K and my HSA brokerage account.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'd stay away from Boeing. They will split off the commercial airline business from the defense and space business in the next 12-18 months.

I expect the commercial side to struggle and likely go the path you point out.

The defense/space business is being pulled down by the commercial side. And if you look at L3Harris and others it's now become common for defense players to dump the commercial side.
I was so wrong on this one - didn't expect the gov to fund piss poor management as Boeing was fu<ked before Covid-19......

TPadden

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport
Please explain..... would love your opinion
Simple, Boeing was not in serious piss poor management induced coitus pre-Corona, they were in the process of recovering (trading $320-$370). It is inarguably in our best interest to ensure continued US airliner production; making it pretty much a foreseeable consequence that the sole US manufacturer, Boeing, would be part of any post Corona governmental recovery assistance.

I bought BA at $98. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: