Anyone buy from Larson in Puyallup?

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
They're with the Costco program, and say they can add extra savings as well. I'm ordering, so many of the local dealerships aren't willing to deal much. Planning on going down the hill to see them this afternoon.

anyone had a good or a bad experience with them? Comments about their service and support?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Never mind - didn't end up dealing with them after all. Went to Enumclaw and ordered my Rubicon last night. No haggling, they just offered right at 1% below invoice. Easy deal, great to work with. Low doc fees and no hassle. We'll see what happens when it gets here, but so far I am very pleased with their service.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Good luck with the new one! Love the avatar!
Thanks! Miss the old Grand Wagoneer, had a lot of fun with it in Moab and northern New Mexico. Can't wait for the capability of the new JL though, it will be leaps and bounds above even the modified GW.

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Mine is a base V6 with a manual and limited slip. So far, I've not had a need for lockers in my wheeling. The LSD with the brake lock diff is doing a good job. I do miss the auto disco on my JK Rubicon however....I really liked tha feature.

I've owned 4Rubicons prior to this Jeep and am trying to stay out of spots that I would make me want/need the lockers! LOL!

Which engine did you order? Be interested in your impressions of whichever you get.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Which engine did you order? Be interested in your impressions of whichever you get.
Just like 4x4, lockers are good for getting you into situations, not necessarily getting you out! I was originally planning on getting a Sahara with the Selec-Trac, but I changed jobs and will be working from home with relatively little on-road driving anymore. So I went with a Rubicon because I'll get to spend more time on trails then on the road now. I like having lockers more because of the muddy, rutted hills around that just carry on to the rocks to make them really slick. But add to that the ability to disengage the sway bar, the Dana 44s and the lower gearing and it was worth it in the end.

I picked the 3.6l simply because it is enough. It's not a race car, so I don't need super quick acceleration, and the torque combined with the 4.10 gears and 4:1 lo range is more than enough. The 2.0 did seem to have more torque and pickup, but I didn't like the sound of the motor even cruising the two-lanes at 40mph, plus adding even more complexity along with needing premium fuel just cemented the decision. Went with the auto because I want my hands on the wheel when I'm going down mossy and muddy roads, rather than on the shifter.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Never mind - didn't end up dealing with them after all. Went to Enumclaw and ordered my Rubicon last night. No haggling, they just offered right at 1% below invoice. Easy deal, great to work with. Low doc fees and no hassle. We'll see what happens when it gets here, but so far I am very pleased with their service.
I started with Larson, switched to Criswell in Maryland (6% under invoice), which worked out to about $3,000 less after taking into account sales tax, after cost of road trip would have saved $2,000. Then someone pointed me to Peterson's in Nampa Idaho which beat Criswell by $1,000. Ordered from Peterson's last weekend. Larson - when I mentioned Criswell the salesman got pissy, talked about how Criswell added wheel locks, yet he added something called Brake Plus to the order (pot calling the kettle black here) and did not counter offer - would have accepted up to $1,000 more than Criswell due to road trip cost. Order is in the queue via Peterson's. Peterson's came it at about 4% below invoice plus $2000 with FCA affiliate financing. Price for the build $46,900, invoice $50,750, MSRP $53,900.

my jeep config.JPG

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I started with Larson, switched to Criswell in Maryland (6% under invoice), which worked out to about $3,000 less after taking into account sales tax, after cost of road trip would have saved $2,000. Then someone pointed me to Peterson's in Nampa Idaho which beat Criswell by $1,000. Ordered from Peterson's last weekend. Larson - when I mentioned Criswell the salesman got pissy, talked about how Criswell added wheel locks, yet he added something called Brake Plus to the order (pot calling the kettle black here) and did not counter offer - would have accepted up to $1,000 more than Criswell due to road trip cost. Order is in the queue via Peterson's. Peterson's came it at about 4% below invoice plus $2000 with FCA affiliate financing. Price for the build $46,900, invoice $50,750, MSRP $53,900.

my jeep config.JPG
Thanks for the info, looks like you got a great deal. I'm happy with the deal I got in Enumclaw, I'm sure I could get better travelling but not worth the time to me, after deducting for travel expenses and "extras," it wouldn't be enough to justify to me. At the moment though I'm busier at work than I want to be, so the time away would be very difficult.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Thanks for the info, looks like you got a great deal. I'm happy with the deal I got in Enumclaw, I'm sure I could get better travelling but not worth the time to me, after deducting for travel expenses and "extras," it wouldn't be enough to justify to me. At the moment though I'm busier at work than I want to be, so the time away would be very difficult.
Kind of know how that goes - I'm a software developer. We lost a team member a few months ago, so there has only been 2 of us on our team doing the software work and we have a new Annuity Admin system being brought in and we have to develop ways to interface with it. And we have other largish projects ongoing. So, been busy for several months, then we got a third developer and getting her up to speed on the system. So, yah, I know what it's like to be swamped at work. :) Hopefully once you get the Jeep you will be able to get out and enjoy it.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
:) Hopefully once you get the Jeep you will be able to get out and enjoy it.
Switching jobs soon for just that reason. :like: I'm in real estate and the market has been insane lately. I'm moving to an internal job that will be 40 hours per week so I can actually do things with my kids and spend time in the Jeep. It'll be a modest pay cut, for now, but I'd rather make a little less than die behind a desk!
Sponsored