Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone order or buy a new JL from Dave Smith Kellogg? If so how was it? Good price? I have bought 2 used vehicles from them but never a new one. I am planning on ordering a 2-Door Rubicon. They deal in such a large volume that I would hope to get a decent price.
Sponsored

rizzosmith

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Anyone order or buy a new JL from Dave Smith Kellogg? If so how was it? Good price? I have bought 2 used vehicles from them but never a new one. I am planning on ordering a 2-Door Rubicon. They deal in such a large volume that I would hope to get a decent price.
Well, I'm actually in the middle of buying from them right now. This is my first time buying a vehicle from them, but there seems to be mostly good things said from what I've heard. I went on the Jeep website and built a 2 door Rubicon with all the options that I want and sent it to their online sales person. We worked out a price that I would consider fair, (from 51,385 msrp to 47,200) and I gave them my debit card and put down a thousand on the order. That was mid-Feb. As I'm sure you know, there seems to be a bit of a backlog of orders for the 2 door Wranglers. In fact, they won't even begin FIRST production until sometime around the middle of this month. I don't expect to take delivery until late May, or maybe even mid June. But, to answer your question, yes it has been a good experience so far. But it is far from over. I'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply.
Is that price out the door with tax and dealer fees?
I might try Dishman Jeep in Spokane, they are supposed to have the Costco discount of 5% below invoice.

rizzosmith

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Thanks for the reply.
Is that price out the door with tax and dealer fees?
I might try Dishman Jeep in Spokane, they are supposed to have the Costco discount of 5% below invoice.
Robert, I believe the letter I signed said that price PLUS tax, title, and licensing. So.... no.

But I still think it's pretty fair, and I'll tell you why.... To get the exactly the Jeep I want, with just about every option but the smokers package, is already an expensive proposition. Options cost money, simple as that. And I look at buying the most expensive model (Rubicon) with almost every option as being similar to going out and buying a new Porsche 911. If the price is too much for you, maybe you'd be more comfortable in one of our "lesser" models....?

Do you know what I mean?

Maybe if I were willing to settle for just a red Rubicon, especially one that is already on the lot, I could have some fun and really give a salesperson a hard time for an hour until he relents or I walk away. But a special order is a little different.

Good luck on your purchase.

Oh, and if you don't mind... Would you post what you paid for yours, please? If you don't feel comfortable mentioning it in a reply, you can message me

Thanks

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
To get what I want, I plan on ordering. It is on my bucket list to buy exactly what I want at a decent price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I will let you know what I pay, if I ever do buy one.

rizzosmith

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
I will let you know what I pay, if I ever do buy one.
Yeah man, I hear you on that! It's a lot of money anyway you slice it. But if you can live with either transmission, live without body color matching hardtop and fenders, cold weather package, etc. you should be able to get one off a lot somewhere. Especially if you're not in any kind of a hurry.

I had some young lady run a solid red light and t-bone me in my 15' JK Rubicon. That was the fourth of Feb. and I ordered my new Jeep on the 16th of February. So I kinda need this vehicle. And I didn't want to settle for something less.

So, they got me

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just but my 2018 JLU Rubicon from them. They gave us $2k below invoice. Fully loaded besides steel bumper and the proximity door key thing. I think we wasn't suppose to give us the extra $1k off because it was for a different Jeep product but he did and they honored it. I drove from Yakima, WA because it was $2k less than in town.

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think I will be going to the Dennis Dillon in Caldwell Idaho. I got a quote from them for $6,400 off MSRP (5% below invoice). I just have to sell my truck first.

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Got my JLUR from DSM. Seattle area dealers were giving nothing off MSRP, DSM saved me $5K. Great purchase experience. I recommend them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FUHL

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered from Dennis Dillon today. Dave Smith said they couldn't touch that price and I should buy from them instead, so I did.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I ordered from Dennis Dillon today. Dave Smith said they couldn't touch that price and I should buy from them instead, so I did.
Same thing happened to me...

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
Lithia in Kennewick has a 2 door red JL Rubicon with automatic, LED lights, steel bumpers, NAV, and black hardtop options if interested. It's one I ordered but did not buy. Window Sticker is $46,745.

Yo Sam

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Altitude
Oh yes forgot.....simply cannot get good prices at Dave Smith since they were bought out by Autonation.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Same thing happened to me...
Not a Fan of Dave's (Smith) in Kellogg ! On my way home from Montana (Sept. 5th) I stopped in and I practically had to "corral" a salesperson . . . NOBODY approached me out in the huge over-full lots or inside the Maze of Rooms - it's like trying to get around in one of those hedge mazes - "Jack Nicholson stuff" ! Last time I was at DD's was back in 2002 when I was going in the opposite direction - Chicago, to my last duty station before retirement (Navy). Whole different scene - no comparison - much smaller ! If it weren't for DD, Kellogg would be a ghost town, then or now ! And yup they were stingy then and stingy in Sept. 2018 ! Did a build on a 2019 RAM 1500, just like I did months ago at one of my local dealers (Lithia) and they were a bit pricier and wouldn't budge - That was where I sort of came to the decision process to where I am now - wanting a JL (2019 version with most likely the 2.0 ?). So much more I can do with the JL vs. the Big Horn Quad . . . and it will fit much better in my smaller Apartment Complex garage. It weighs over 500 pounds less too with only 10 hp less with the 3.6 & the same (basically) 8 speed - so a LOT peppier ! Which is why I think the 2.0 should work just fine (for my uses) ! Just trying to convince myself about the mpg vs. gas prices scenarios !
Sponsored