Sponsored

Anyone buy a JL out of state and live in CA?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought a JL from Las Vegas last week, I need to register and pay the taxes on it here in CA.

Anyone ever do this before and know the process? AAA can't help me because it's a brand new vehicle purchase.

I've heard I'll have to smog it and bring my paper work into the DMV, they'll have to inspect the Jeep too.
Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Easy. Register it in Vegas, wait a year, then switch to CA. Or dont switch. Dont give any more money to this state.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Easy. Register it in Vegas, wait a year, then switch to CA. Or dont switch. Dont give any more money to this state.
I don't have a address in Vegas to use. I don't want to do anything illegal either.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am buying in Idaho. My dealer said they take of everything there. Collect taxes etc. I am sure that other people buy other vehicles in the past. Vette Porsche etc. have done it

KingRZ

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra, 1994 Jeep Wrangler
I bought a JL from Las Vegas last week, I need to register and pay the taxes on it here in CA.

Anyone ever do this before and know the process? AAA can't help me because it's a brand new vehicle purchase.

I've heard I'll have to smog it and bring my paper work into the DMV, they'll have to inspect the Jeep too.

Member jl_rubicon purchased his JL from vegas as well maybe you can message him.