Sponsored

Anyone aware of a side step/rock guard you can install without removing factory rock rail on JLs?

tct34aol

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Hi all, looking for an aftermarket side step/rock guard to install on my 2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport, without having to remove the mopar factory rock guard I have on it. Thanks for any leads.
Todd
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, looking for an aftermarket side step/rock guard to install on my 2018 JL wrangler unlimited sport, without having to remove the mopar factory rock guard I have on it. Thanks for any leads.
Todd
I think you're referring to the factory rock sliders and want to add additional protection. If that's the case you should look into the Ace sliders that mount with or without the the factory rock sliders. Photo below is from @ACE Engineering s website: https://aceengineeringandfab.com/products/jl-rock-sliders-4-door

jlu_rock_sliders_2000x.png

OP
OP

tct34aol

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Do you know any other sources, looks like they only have one option.
While I haven't done an exhaustive search, the ACE sliders are the only ones I know of that will work with the Mopar sliders still attached.

PhantomVirus

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2017 JKU
I have these sliders on my JKU and just bought them for my wife's JL (both Rubicon edition) They went in easily on the JK but there is a lot of concern on removing the bolts in the JL - I took my time and did not use any power tools the bolts came out and went back in without issue. She loves them and they have been on my JKU for 2.5 years and other than hitting them with a wire brush and touching up the paint they are maintenance free and well made.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tct34aol

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Todd
I ended up going with the Ace Rock Sliders...a but pricey, but look really good. Also ended up getting some trail doors from them too!

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
While I haven't done an exhaustive search, the ACE sliders are the only ones I know of that will work with the Mopar sliders still attached.
@tct34aol: Been doing a lot of researching and @TJ2018 is correct, I believe Ace is the only one that lets you keep the Rubicon rails.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The only downside with the Ace sliders is the potential of breaking a body bolt when trying to remove. A lot of stories here about snapped bolts. I stayed away from products using this mounting method Out of fear and concern. Others had no problems.

OP, if you go this route, just make sure that you understand the issues that you might run into.
Sponsored