Sponsored

Anyone already planning extreme mods for their JLU?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
This will be my first wrangler and I can't tell you how ready I am for the release. I was looking into picking up a 2014-2015, but when I heard about the 2018s, I decided to wait. Do you guys plan on doing any modding straight from the lot or you going to ride stock? Right now, I know for a fact I'll putting in a order once the order banks open and I'll be looking to run 40s as soon as possible. I'm going to get the truck wrapped in this matte purple color also. Those are the basics and everything else will come along as aftermarket parts release. What are y'all plans? I know it's early but looking up rims and tires and ideas helps the wait go by for me.
Sponsored

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Hard to know without getting an overall feel for the jeep and knowing what size the wheel wells are, what suspension can best be tolerated etc. the goals for me are the same, plenty of clearance and traction without getting googly with center of gravity. Ample power and plenty of other toys like lighting.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

This will be my first wrangler and I can't tell you how ready I am for the release. I was looking into picking up a 2014-2015, but when I heard about the 2018s, I decided to wait. Do you guys plan on doing any modding straight from the lot or you going to ride stock? Right now, I know for a fact I'll putting in a order once the order banks open and I'll be looking to run 40s as soon as possible. I'm going to get the truck wrapped in this matte purple color also. Those are the basics and everything else will come along as aftermarket parts release. What are y'all plans? I know it's early but looking up rims and tires and ideas helps the wait go by for me.
Oh boy if this is your first Wrangler and you like customizing your car then you're in for a treat! Hands down the most robust aftermarket in the automotive world.

I always go bigger tires and life the car right off the bat. Some of the prototypes look like they're already running bigger tires and that's great to see from the factory but still not big enough for most guys who upgrade their tires in the past. Two things that'll be a lot different world than the JK is the top and the engine. Can't wait to see what options we get for the top. If we get multiple options for different tops (soft, hard, sliding, glass, etc) that will be great since aftermarket tops are $$$$ and we'll basically get to mod the top from factory. Also might be interested in that turbo engine for its torque and tuneability alone, so that might open up more engine modding potential than before.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
The unlimited needs at least 2" of lift due to the long wheel base. Though the Rubicon looks like it'll be getting around 1" and 33s so maybe stock ride height on a JLUR. I agree though, finesse rules!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
For me it will be 37s, wheels, suspension to work with 37's (most likely another AEV kit unless I want to get wild and go with a coilover conversion), front and rear bumpers, winch, rock sliders, and a roof or bed rack of some sort
Sponsored