Sponsored

Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet?

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
I’m still stock XR with plastic bumper, waiting on my aluminum bumper to show up. I can’t wait because the front actually appears level and with weight in the Jeep the front is higher than the rear …… so I’m saying no leveling is needed 😁
879BD3F8-DCA1-425B-93D7-4E0EB1EF8312.jpeg
Sponsored

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
Following to see what comes up. JLUR with XR package & steel bumpers arrives March

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Bump on this. Has anyone added one yet? I bought a 3/4 inch leveling kit and also bought a 2 inch leveling kit. There is quite a bit of rake from the factory and when I add the winch plate, winch, and lights, that will be quite a bit of weight and the 3/4 inch may not be enough. On the other hand the 2 inch may be too much. But neither matters if it doesn’t fit.

Chip

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'ma gonna wait until mine gets here and I load the rear underfloor cubby with my tools and some trail gear. Then I'll add some kettle weights on the front to simulate approx weight of the winch I'll add later and then drive a mile or two and then measure and go from there

I'm guessing with a hundred extra pounds or so in the rear, 3/4" spaces on the front will prolly do it.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Not an XR but winch plate, winch and steel bumper were offset perfectly by a 3/4” for me on a 4xe rubi. Easy job done by myself in about 1.5 hrs

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I just started a new post on this very same topic. Looking for feedback.
I added the Daystar 3/4 inch leveling kit to mine 4 weeks ago. No issues at all. It’s pretty level with the winch/winch plate and lights on. Very happy with it.

FC725099-7D4F-4544-B4D0-F04892769054.jpeg

75AF0749-7778-4031-8FAF-CE4D8E238957.jpeg

TheAmericanB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
I added the Daystar 3/4 inch leveling kit to mine 4 weeks ago. No issues at all. It’s pretty level with the winch/winch plate and lights on. Very happy with it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet? 75AF0749-7778-4031-8FAF-CE4D8E238957

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet? 75AF0749-7778-4031-8FAF-CE4D8E238957
This looks clean, great job!

I have basically the exact same setup (steel bumpers, winch) without a spacer yet, but wanting to go 37's shortly. I see you mentioned you considered the 2" as well... I've been considering the Teraflex 2" front/1.5" rear without "going a full lift and doing it right" like everyone always says because I like the stock XR ride and feel.

Any issues with your front shocks? Control arms or steering? Do you think the Teraflex 2" level would work with 37s or would I throw the entire geometry off without LCAs, etc?

Open to anyone else's thoughts or experiences (without shaming me into a new $4k lift 😅). Thanks in advance!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

I have basically the exact same setup (steel bumpers, winch) without a spacer yet, but wanting to go 37's shortly. I see you mentioned you considered the 2" as well... I've been considering the Teraflex 2" front/1.5" rear without "going a full lift and doing it right" like everyone always says because I like the stock XR ride and feel.

Any issues with your front shocks? Control arms or steering? Do you think the Teraflex 2" level would work with 37s or would I throw the entire geometry off without LCAs, etc?

Open to anyone else's thoughts or experiences (without shaming me into a new $4k lift 😅). Thanks in advance!
Hey Brandon. Went this route myself except did go with adj LCAs and TBs. I also utilized shock extensions.

C361E793-A582-4CB4-8C0C-D34BCDA0B6BF.jpeg

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

I'm running AEV's 2" spacer kit. $375 I believe.

So... a few things.

1) IMO, the XR (in 392 form) is very under dampened -- specifically rebound, especially once weight is added to the vehicle (think winch, larger tires, steps, fat ass humans, anything really). For stock -- it's actually pretty much perfect on road. Off road, it's still under dampened, and same with any kind of spirited driving in the 392 (probably less applicable to the 3.6). Just worth mentioning. For most, I'd gather a set of tuned Fox 2.0's are probably more than adequate for most, with Fox 2.5's covering 95% of the rest. This is just my opinion -- I know many others feel differently, but I tend to drive a bit harder I think than most. I also blew a shock out.

2) Geometry is absolutely off once you add the 2" spacer. You can feel it on the street (bump steer). Steering is a bit looser (though the 37" KM3's are somewhat to blame), and there's a higher tendency to wander than stock. I have not gotten a read out yet, but plan to soon. My guess is I'll probably have to add some adjustable lower control arms and go from there -- possibly some track bars.

Overall though, pretty happy with it. Flex is junk, but that's expected with stock joints. Since I can't get my Fox 3.0's anytime soon due to back order, my plan is to, in order:

1) Add adj. front lower control arms. Debating between Currie and Metalcloak at the moment.

2) Check -- add adj. track bars.
Check -- if needed, add remaining adjustable 6 arms.

3) Hopefully the above takes care of the most obvious issues and now it's just a dampening issue. I have quite a wait on the Fox 3.0's. I may just order a set of Accutune Fox 2.0's (paired with their 2.5" springs) for now to tide me over, but we'll see.

Assuming you don't have full time 4wd and a FAD, you shouldn't have the issue 392 owners run into where you're forced to run 2wd (through Tazer) if you must swap driveshafts (causes a vibration in full-time 4wd w/o FAD). Likely, at some point, I will reach that threshold, either because I blow up the stock drive shaft due to the pinion angle issue while wheeling with the new control arms, or because I just have to swap drive shafts as testing will show it needs them.

Last edited:

TheAmericanB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
Hey Brandon. Went this route myself except did go with adj LCAs and TBs. I also utilized shock extensions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet? C361E793-A582-4CB4-8C0C-D34BCDA0B6BF
@hoag4147 That's a good lookin' rig! This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

I'm running AEV's 2" spacer kit. $375 I believe.

So... a few things.

1) IMO, the XR (in 392 form) is very under dampened -- specifically rebound, especially once weight is added to the vehicle (think winch, larger tires, steps, fat ass humans, anything really). For stock -- it's actually pretty much perfect on road. Off road, it's still under dampened, and same with any kind of spirited driving in the 392 (probably less applicable to the 3.6). Just worth mentioning. For most, I'd gather a set of tuned Fox 2.0's are probably more than adequate for most, with Fox 2.5's covering 95% of the rest. This is just my opinion -- I know many others feel differently, but I tend to drive a bit harder I think than most.

2) Geometry is absolutely off once you add the 2" spacer. You can feel it on the street (bump steer). Steering is a bit looser (though the 37" KM3's are somewhat to blame), and there's a higher tendency to wander than stock. I have not gotten a read out yet, but plan to soon. My guess is I'll probably have to add some adjustable lower control arms and go from there -- possibly some track bars.

Overall though, pretty happy with it. Flex is junk, but that's expected with stock joints. Since I can't get my Fox 3.0's anytime soon due to back order, my plan is to, in order:

1) Add adj. front lower control arms. Debating between Currie and Metalcloak at the moment.

2) Check -- add adj. track bars.
Check -- if needed, add remaining adjustable 6 arms.

3) Hopefully the above takes care of the most obvious issues and now it's just a dampening issue. I have quite a wait on the Fox 3.0's. I may just order a set of Accutune Fox 2.0's (paired with their 2.5" springs) for now to tide me over, but we'll see.

Assuming you don't have full time 4wd and a FAD, you shouldn't have the issue 392 owners run into where you're forced to run 2wd (through Tazer) if you must swap driveshafts (causes a vibration in full-time 4wd w/o FAD). Likely, at some point, I will reach that threshold, either because I blow up the stock drive shaft due to the pinion angle issue while wheeling with the new control arms, or because I just have to swap drive shafts as testing will show it needs them.
@guarnibl - Great insight and I agree on the dampening. Hopefully someday I can luck into some 3.0s!
Sponsored