Sponsored

Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet?

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I’m waiting for my XR to be delivered and will be adding a winch plate and winch to it and want to add a 3/4 inch front spacer to offset the weight. Has anyone done this yet and if so did the standard kits available for a regular Wrangler work or is it different and we will have to wait for someone to make one just for the XR package?
Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Following because I want to do the exact same… should be fine with any leveling kit / spacers IMO

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Interested in this idea too. My XR has the plastic bumpers but I’ll likely be adding an OEM steel bumper or aftermarket stubby.

Sponsored

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Interested in this idea too. My XR has the plastic bumpers but I’ll likely be adding an OEM steel bumper or aftermarket stubby.
I am a huge fan of the factory steel bumpers. I think I responded to you on another thread about being in JB and forgot to sit I have the steel bumpers as well, but those are not added in JB.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I am a huge fan of the factory steel bumpers. I think I responded to you on another thread about being in JB and forgot to sit I have the steel bumpers as well, but those are not added in JB.

Yup, you’re good there. That’s an assembly line item. I really like the OEM steel front bumper. Hoping I can pick one up for $500-600. The integrated winch looks like a clean set up.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Yup, you’re good there. That’s an assembly line item. I really like the OEM steel front bumper. Hoping I can pick one up for $500-600. The integrated winch looks like a clean set up.
It’s super clean. Here it is on my 21 JLR, had one in my JLURD and Gladiator Rubi diesel as well. I like the Jeep winch solution much better than what Ford is offering on the Bronco.

67170B74-909F-478F-87E3-E89BE958C4F6.jpeg

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It’s super clean. Here it is on my 21 JLR, had one in my JLURD and Gladiator Rubi diesel as well. I like the Jeep winch solution much better than what Ford is offering on the Bronco.

67170B74-909F-478F-87E3-E89BE958C4F6.jpeg

Which rock rails are those?

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Which rock rails are those?
Those are the Mopar Jeep performance rock rails. I love them. I have a pair sitting at the house waiting on my new Jeep. They are great because they stick out far enough past the body for extra protection on rocks, they help keep rocks from getting thrown up on the doors, protects from idiots in a parking lot, and can be used as a step for easily putting soft top up or down.

Sponsored

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Those are the Mopar Jeep performance rock rails. I love them. I have a pair sitting at the house waiting on my new Jeep. They are great because they stick out far enough past the body for extra protection on rocks, they help keep rocks from getting thrown up on the doors, protects from idiots in a parking lot, and can be used as a step for easily putting soft top up or down.

Good to know. I’m already shopping for different rock rails. I had the OEM Rubicon rails on my JKU and quickly realized I would have preferred rails that were deeper. The OE rails let rocks get awfully close to your paint!

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
I have an XR with winch plate, 12k synthetic winch, steel bumpers and stinger bar. Parked on a slight decline. I didn’t measure before after the height (oops) but doesn’t seem to have moved much.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet? A2A25573-107B-4F6D-8B18-4D2C736321CB

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I have an XR with winch plate, 12k synthetic winch, steel bumpers and stinger bar. Parked on a slight decline. I didn’t measure before after the height (oops) but doesn’t seem to have moved much.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone added a leveling kit to XR package yet? A2A25573-107B-4F6D-8B18-4D2C736321CB
Without measuring before and after you’ll never know for sure. I’m sure it moved at least a half inch given how many non XR ones I have done. Weight is weight. I’m hoping that the standard spacers will work because no one seems to know the answer to the question. I’ll find out when I get it and get it tore apart I guess.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Any spacer kit will work just fine. Coil mounts are the same across all models and the leveling kits are solid rubber compound mostly. So no matter the model it will add the exact same amount depending which size you go with.

OP
OP
angrynewyorker

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Any spacer kit will work just fine. Coil mounts are the same across all models and the leveling kits are solid rubber compound mostly. So no matter the model it will add the exact same amount depending which size you go with.
Sounds good. Wasn’t sure because there really isn’t any info out there on the XR package except that it has a 1.5 in lift. I was hoping that it would seeing as it worked on my JL with the Mopar 2 inch lift.
Sponsored