Sponsored

Anyone add an exhaust tip? (Or entire new exhaust)

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Magnaflow axle back exhaust. There’s an entire thread about the fitment problem with this, however there is a work around by flaring the pipe prior to install. Looks and sounds great to me.

880E8751-FA51-4970-A95F-F11D427D6D47.jpeg
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Not trying to be a hater, but v6 and sounds great just doesn't go together for me. You need 2 more cylinders to sound great. I did drive a 17 jk with a magniflow ,sounded like shit and the drone was a killer.

RAZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Granite Crystal
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out for an AFE Cat Back Exhaust
Which one did you go with? I have the MACH Force-Xp 2.5in 409 SS Catback High-Tuck Exhaust w/Black Tip on the way.

Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Mine is a axle back MBRP Stainless. Paid 329.00 from CJ Pony.

IMG_0884.jpg

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Spending $500 vainly trying to make a six sound like an eight: Priceless!
Having owned more than my fair share of muscle cars over the last four-plus decades, I know the difference between a V8 and any six-cylinder engine and what is and isn't possible between them including the exhaust note. I also know your stated reason as to why people buy exhaust systems for their Jeeps never entered my mind. The reality is that I had a much more pragmatic reason for adding an aftermarket exhaust to my JL. Here's the deal. I watch my two grandchildren (5 yo grandson and 1 yo granddaughter) 8 to 9 hours per day, three days a week every week during the school year when our daughter is teaching in her elementary school classroom. Consequently, I use my remote start a lot because I need/want the vehicle's interior cool when it's hot outside and warm when it's cold before I strap the kids in. I remember the day when my grandson first started the Jeep with the remote start and how we both looked at each other. Did it start?! As we stood in the living room of my home, neither of us could tell whether the Jeep was running because the stock exhaust was too quiet for us to hear! At that very moment, we decided the Jeep absolutely needed an aftermarket exhaust system. :) By the following week, I had the MagnaFlow system on and.........problem solved! Does it sound like a V8? Nope and I never expected it to, but, that said, it does sound one hell of a lot better than it ever did stock. So, yeah, with its slightly louder and much deeper bass tone, I'm happy with my purchase, it is serving its intended purpose (we can now easily hear it running from inside the house), and an added bonus is that, in my view, it dresses up the rear view of the Jeep very nicely (see photo above). :like:

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
XTrooper, that was a logical/understandable answer to the illogical statement made by Biscuit, it was probably his parents fault--TOO MANY MATCHBOX CARS--

I've been (pleasantly) thru the MUSCLE CARS of the 60's and early 70's--all Chrysler--440's/6-pack's/425 HEMI--and now

I have the RAM HEMI with the FLOWMASTER "10" DUAL and I feel like I'm driving my 71 CUDA 426 ALL OVER AGAIN !!

The reason I got the DYNOMAX TURBO for my JL Ruby, is I gotta have a dual exhaust and it's a very subdued pleasing sound with the soft top OFF-

I have no intention of trying to "MIMIC" a GOOD V8--CURB THY TONGUE __

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
I’ve seen a couple vids with just removing the muffler and leaving it as a downward tip under the Jeep. Free and the sound was nice.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, you should get outside more and smell the roses--my appreciation of "DUAL EXHAUST" has more to do with sound/looks than performance on a STREET LEGAL vehicle--especially a jeep-

I was juicing up Dodges/Plymouths before you were even born-

lets enjoy JEEPIN-

W.E.

JIMBO

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation