Anybody with Fuel Filler Neck Issues?

helldorado

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Wrangler Willys
Did a quick search and didn't find anything. Curious if anybody else has had issues with the fuel filler neck. Both my wife and I and at multiple pumps, have been having an issue filling the tank and removing the nozzle from the filler neck, it almost gets stuck. I was able to find a position where it started working, but that was after several attempts.

We're going to bring it into the dealer this week, figure at worst the neck needs to be replaced, but wondering if anybody else has encountered this? It's on our 2023 JLU w/ 2400 miles on it. Thanks!
Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
I have issues where it wonā€™t fill properly at some pumps. The pumpā€™s sensor keeps getting tripped and the pump stops. Can only be remedied by holding the pump open somewhere short of full blast.

Super obnoxious, but not enough for me to take it in yet apparently.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Iā€™ve had luck twisting the filler handle counterclockwise so that itā€™s close to parallel to the ground when pumping. But yeah, itā€™s a pain to hold it like thatā€¦ luckily I have a 4xe with the smaller tank! šŸ¤£

OP
OP
helldorado

helldorado

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Wrangler Willys
Iā€™ve had luck twisting the filler handle counterclockwise so that itā€™s close to parallel to the ground when pumping. But yeah, itā€™s a pain to hold it like thatā€¦ luckily I have a 4xe with the smaller tank! šŸ¤£
That was the same position I found that made it work, then it was just a pain in the ass to get back out! :CWL:

I figure at worst, it's a feature rather than a bug, and replacing the neck won't fix it. But as long as we can get gas in there!

Sponsored

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
slightly older thread, I just experienced this on my wife's new JLU but never had the the problem with my JLR. for a moment, i wasn't sure it was coming out!

shut's off if trying full throttle to fill, and sticks on the way out. hangs up somewhere.

I am still trying to figure out what is different. i may try the parallel fill next time. My aim isn't good enough for the toilet (so says my wife šŸ¤£) so the gas picture is out

Reactions: AFD

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
If I insert the nozzle fully, it will shut off. 1/2 way in works fine. It is temperamental.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Glad mine and the wife's do not have this issue. Makes me wonder if the vent valve is partially closed for those that are having the issue.

number9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
@05/15/23. Noticed this on my first fill up, 2023 JLUR XR. 2.0 T. Thought I had a bad pump nozzle. Following.

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
@05/15/23. Noticed this on my first fill up, 2023 JLUR XR. 2.0 T. Thought I had a bad pump nozzle. Following.
Same exact vehicle. Itā€™s not a major issue. I am just careful not to stuff the nozzle in all the way.
Sponsored