Sponsored

Anybody with aftermarket brake pads installed?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just a basic question.
I know there's been a few that have done Powerstop pads and a couple others that went w/ some semi metallic sets.
Just wanted to know from them (or anyone else) if there's any noticeable upgrade from the base factory pads. I just don't feel that they have adequate bite when you go up in tire size/weight.

I know the Rubicon/Sahara larger brake sets are an improvement, but have heard even those setups are pretty underwhelming w/ the factory pads when you go up in tire mass.
TIA
Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Just a basic question.
I know there's been a few that have done Powerstop pads and a couple others that went w/ some semi metallic sets.
Just wanted to know from them (or anyone else) if there's any noticeable upgrade from the base factory pads. I just don't feel that they have adequate bite when you go up in tire size/weight.

I know the Rubicon/Sahara larger brake sets are an improvement, but have heard even those setups are pretty underwhelming w/ the factory pads when you go up in tire mass.
TIA
I did the powerstop z36 extreme duty yesterday even with them still besding in they are better. I emailed ebc last week they returned my email sayin that the rotors and pads are here and will be on the market soon. Their dimpled slotted rotors and orange stuff pads are great used them on my worked ecoboost explorer and they were great

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Glad to hear the powerstops seem to be a decent upgrade, look forward to updates as they get miles on them. Used EBC pads before, they make good products. Hoping Hawk & Stoptech get in the game too, these JLs scream for brake upgrades for sure!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did the powerstop z36 extreme duty yesterday even with them still besding in they are better. I emailed ebc last week they returned my email sayin that the rotors and pads are here and will be on the market soon. Their dimpled slotted rotors and orange stuff pads are great used them on my worked ecoboost explorer and they were great
Are the Z36's squealing at all? I read another post where someone put the Z36's on and they squealed worse than the stock brakes. I am looking at doing the Z36 pads and rotors, but was concerned about squealing.

I'm also waiting to see if Centric/StopTech come out with their rotors and ceramic pads. I use those on my Audi Q7 TDI and they are a very good setup. Low dust, no noise, better than stock "bite", and last 3 times longer than stock.

I ran EBC Greenstuff pads on my TJ Rubicon and really liked them.

Last edited:

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Are the Z36's squealing at all? I read another post where someone put the Z36's on and they squealed worse than the stock brakes. I am looking at doing the Z36 pads and rotors, but was concerned about squealing.

I'm also waiting to see if Centric/StopTech come out with their rotors and ceramic pads. I use those on my Audi Q7 TDI and they are a very good setup. Low dust, no noise, better than stock "bite", and last 3 times longer than stock.

I ran EBC Greenstuff pads on my TJ Rubicon and really liked them.
No squealing as of yet i burned through some green stuff pads in 6 months on my ecobeast so i would never do them again. Orange stuff for president
Sponsored