Sponsored

Anybody want the Sting-Grey half doors that came with my Green Jeep?

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

I think Sting Gray is one of the more common colors. Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies. Maybe the dude who bought the Gray Wrangler and got shipped Green doors by mistake will post here and we can make a trade!
Just do know that if you get rid of them, no matter the price, you most likely won't be able to get them anywhere.
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Finally got my 2022 Willys Sport two-door in Sarge green with the half-door package. Special-ordered three months ago.

And … they sent me Sting Gray half doors. (Anybody want to buy them before I return them to the dealer?)
Well mine is Mojito colour so yes I'll take them!

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
They are actually packed pretty well since they need to make the trip from the factory to your dealer. The problem with shipping would come from someone stacking on top of the boxes. That would be a no no for me

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I was on another forum (not Jeep related) where there was a post with a similar situation from an account that had just joined the forum. There were even a few other (brand new to the forum) posts expressing interest in purchasing the item to spark some interest and a sense of urgency to make a FOMO purchase.The whole thing stunk like a fish from the head down….. it was a scam .

I am NOT suggesting that this is what’s going on here, I just found it interesting.

Sponsored

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
I do find it difficult to believe that someone would order the half doors on their custom order Jeep, not know how much they are worth, and when they get the wrong color shipped by “accident”, they would create a new account to post about a possible sale on these forums, before they ever tried to contact the dealer to get the right doors they ordered and paid for.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I was on another forum (not Jeep related) where there was a post with a similar situation from an account that had just joined the forum. There were even a few other (brand new to the forum) posts expressing interest in purchasing the item to spark some interest and a sense of urgency to make a FOMO purchase.The whole thing stunk like a fish from the head down….. it was a scam .

I am NOT suggesting that this is what’s going on here, I just found it interesting.
Great catch!!

OP
OP

2022 Willys

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport, two-door, Sarge green
I'm fairly certain this dude got called out by @O)()()()()(O .

We won't hear from him anymore. If we do, I wouldn't trust anything he says.

PS - I will happily delete this if proven wrong.
No one found this more difficult to believe than me, when I opened the box to find Sting Grey half doors. I called the salesman yesterday, who said it was “insane” and they would “make it right” and get the right Sarge Green doors somehow, but I’m guessing that will be a mess and take months. Just thought selling them might be easier. But hey, let’s say local pickup only, cash on delivery, after inspecting the doors in person. I certainly don’t want anybody worried about being scammed and would rather not fool with shipping them anyway. If not, whatever, the dealer will just have to fix it. I posted here in part just out of annoyance at Chrysler. I have low expectations on their ability to “make it right” without some big hassle and delay.

BBF21573-D755-44AE-83F1-3F4D02EDEF6E.jpeg

E4AB1AEB-0E74-4F6F-A342-02F49E9E532C.jpeg

849D7AD3-3A8E-414C-BDF1-136DBD6BEA8B.jpeg

51B77817-E9CA-4B55-BD62-50CF9E5F52B4.jpeg

B5133255-414E-43E0-8BD9-271BAA188899.jpeg

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
No one found this more difficult to believe than me, when I opened the box to find Sting Grey half doors. I called the salesman yesterday, who said it was “insane” and they would “make it right” and get the right Sarge Green doors somehow, but I’m guessing that will be a mess and take months. Just thought selling them might be easier. But hey, let’s say local pickup only, cash on delivery, after inspecting the doors in person. I certainly don’t want anybody worried about being scammed and would rather not fool with shipping them anyway. If not, whatever, the dealer will just have to fix it. I posted here in part just out of annoyance at Chrysler. I have low expectations on their ability to “make it right” without some big hassle and delay.

BBF21573-D755-44AE-83F1-3F4D02EDEF6E.jpeg

E4AB1AEB-0E74-4F6F-A342-02F49E9E532C.jpeg

849D7AD3-3A8E-414C-BDF1-136DBD6BEA8B.jpeg

51B77817-E9CA-4B55-BD62-50CF9E5F52B4.jpeg

B5133255-414E-43E0-8BD9-271BAA188899.jpeg
Thank you for the pics. My last post has been deleted.

OP
OP

2022 Willys

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport, two-door, Sarge green
Thank you for the pics. My last post has been deleted.
No worries and thanks. I totally understand how someone could think this was a scam. But the only person scammed here has been me, by Chrysler.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
No worries and thanks. I totally understand how someone could think this was a scam. But the only person scammed here has been me, by Chrysler.
No worries. There have been MANY scammers on this forum. So, how much are you asking for the doors? You'll have them sold in a heartbeat now.

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
I think I would see what the dealers solution is before selling (probably repaint them). They're a bit pricey to put together through the parts department... and then have to get those painted. If you're going to sell and get replacements I would save the locks. Something you wont have to buy and they're keyed to your jeep.

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
What you want for them? You only have 2?
Sponsored