Sponsored

Anybody want the Sting-Grey half doors that came with my Green Jeep?

2022 Willys

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport, two-door, Sarge green
Finally got my 2022 Willys Sport two-door in Sarge green with the half-door package. Special-ordered three months ago.

And … they sent me Sting Gray half doors. (Anybody want to buy them before I return them to the dealer?)

How exactly does something this dumb happen at the factory? Hope it’s not a harbinger of things to come.

Otherwise, loving it. The 2.0 turbo is amazing.
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Finally got my 2022 Willys Sport two-door in Sarge green with the half-door package. Special-ordered three months ago.

And … they sent me Sting Gray half doors. (Anybody want to buy them before I return them to the dealer?)

How exactly does something this dumb happen at the factory? Hope it’s not a harbinger of things to come.

What are the rest of the details? Premium uppers? Price?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Lol, gross. Both great colors.. but not together.

How in the hell would someone not notice that?

OP
OP

2022 Willys

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the rest of the details? Premium uppers? Price?
New in box. Premium uppers. Never used. I need to talk to the dealer on Monday about whatever they’re going to do to fix this. They might want to doors back. I don’t know what they are worth, honestly, but happy to hear offers.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
If the dealer's going to solve this for you, they're for sure 100% going to insist on you returning the grey ones. Best not to even take them out of the boxes. (I assume you discoverd this by reading the boxes, not by looking at the doors)

OP
OP

2022 Willys

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t know what they are worth? Take a look at your window sticker for starters. You paid extra for them ….
The dual door package was 2,M
Don’t know what they are worth? Take a look at your window sticker for starters. You paid extra for them ….
Dual door package is $2,550 from the factory. I think people try to charge more on the open market because they cannot be ordered as a part, separately from the vehicle. So they are rare. But I don’t know what people really get for them. Does anyone here know a going rate or a range? (I can certainly name a price in a couple of days if anybody here really wants them; message me directly if so.) I talked to the dealer briefly, and I got the feeling they might just order me the correct green doors, and I’ll have to wait another three months or whatever to get them, which would be annoying. I might rather just sell these and be done with it.

Sponsored

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Ah, i see. You're thinking of selling them *instead of* having the dealer replace them with the correct color.

Trouble is, you're gonna need a local buyer. Packing and freighting these things is gonna be insane.

Pretty sure they're not packed in order to be safely handled by UPS and its automated equipment, and so there's a big chance of damage in transit. That leaves ground freight.

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

Im pretty sure with that color, people are gonna pay premium including shipping to get it delivered. You can't get these after market. Only from the factory.

OP
OP

2022 Willys

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im pretty sure with that color, people are gonna pay premium including shipping to get it delivered. You can't get these after market. Only from the factory.
I think Sting Gray is one of the more common colors. Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies. Maybe the dude who bought the Gray Wrangler and got shipped Green doors by mistake will post here and we can make a trade!

j-rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming 2023

Where are you located?

DDB1977

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL

I’m interested in buying them.
Sponsored