First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Just curious if anyone is using this product and how do you like it? I personally think its a pos. Knew i should have went with alien shade.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Dale's Jeep

Would be interested to hear your experience in regard to the shadeidea.

Soon this thread will be bombarded by one forum member with about don't buy Alien, shadeidea or other offering that are Made in China..

Many here to include myself are long time users (3 yrs.+-) of the Alien Sunshade offerings and are
very pleased with the Alien offering.

Anyway, please take a moment to tell us about your shadeidea experience.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
It actually looks fairly nice. What are your issues with it? I have a Dirty Dog Shade, and it works fine, however this one seems to have even more attachment points and is cut to fit to the exact opening dimensions.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just curious if anyone is using this product and how do you like it?
I have one on the front of my JLU. It was the only shade I could get to work with my Sunrider for Hardtop. I've had it installed for several month. I happen to think the quality is excellent. Fit and finish are very good, with no wrinkles or sagging.

I have a Dirty Dog shade sitting in a box next to me and the Shade Idea shade is of equal or better quality.

I personally think its a pos.
Why? What issues are you having with it?

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have the two-piece ShadeIdea and it works rather well. My only complaint about it would be it's not a quick task to remove and reinstall. I wasn't a fan of the big plastic balls all over the interior of the Jeep so I replaced it with the Hothead Headliners Sun Shade because of how much cleaner that is to install. But the ShadeIdea held firm, didn't have any creases, and didn't make noise with the top off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dale's Jeep

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Guys nevermind im such a idiot. Helps if you put them in the right position. FML

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys nevermind im such a idiot. Helps if you put them in the right position. FML
@Dale's Jeep

I was wondering...... Can tell you and others reading here that the ShadeIdea has been getting very good reviews and it along with the Alien Sunshade is the go to sunshade it seems for guy/gals with the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop....... cause of the small upfront gap and decent quality and price..

IF you have a Bestop Sunrider for JL that little gap is much wanted...

Should also mention that there is a rumor that ShadeIdea is actually a rebranded/labeled Alien.
I cannot confirm this though..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the two-piece ShadeIdea and it works rather well. My only complaint about it would be it's not a quick task to remove and reinstall. I wasn't a fan of the big plastic balls all over the interior of the Jeep so I replaced it with the Hothead Headliners Sun Shade because of how much cleaner that is to install. But the ShadeIdea held firm, didn't have any creases, and didn't make noise with the top off.
@MRH512

Curious why the concern about removing and reinstalling...... I think most, like myself install and it stays in place always lets say.. My Alien has been installed 4 almost 3 years non-stop now.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@MRH512

Curious why the concern about removing and reinstalling...... I think most, like myself install and it stays in place always lets say.. My Alien has been installed 4 almost 3 years non-stop now.
Not so much a concern as an inconvenience. I have the One-Touch roof and my kids like to stand up in the back when we do things like a Trail of Lights, drive-by parade for a birthday (stupid COVID...), etc... Taking it off was easy enough, but having to keep track of what length elastic band went where and pulling them through the One-Touch roof to reinstall was a pain.

The Hothead sunshade has hooks you install so it's much faster and simpler to take out and put back in.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not so much a concern as an inconvenience. I have the One-Touch roof and my kids like to stand up in the back when we do things like a Trail of Lights, drive-by parade for a birthday (stupid COVID...), etc... Taking it off was easy enough, but having to keep track of what length elastic band went where and pulling them through the One-Touch roof to reinstall was a pain.

The Hothead sunshade has hooks you install so it's much faster and simpler to take out and put back in.
@MRH512

I hear ya....

Hey.... if you have a Tazer JL and want to enable Light Show while driving for those Trail of Lights or say on the block/court drive by BD things let me know by PM and I will tell you how to enable same....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dale's Jeep

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok i guess i should have used my own advice that i use to give my Soldiers. Be smarter then the equipment your working with!! All done man i feel like a total dumbass i was ready to tear the thing apart stupid PTSD got the better of me at the start i guess.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I did the jtops because I didn’t want the bungee set up. More expensive but works for me. I did have a few issues with customer service and being shipped the wrong top….but here in Texas…you need a shade if you go topless.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S, Bright White, Freedom Pkg
I have the two piece version and have no complaints with the ShadeIdea brand. I've had it a year and it looks new.

AvengerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I just installed my front one yesterday evening. Took it for a quick spin and was very impressed. I have a friend who installed the Alien and liked it as well, but they complained about the front clips and the pain to install them.

The Shadeidea was super simple to install even after I broke their bungie installed (folded piece of paper).

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody using shadeidea sunshade? 61297D79-543A-40F9-B268-26E74B017872
Sponsored