Sponsored

Anybody using shadeidea sunshade?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I just installed my front one yesterday evening. Took it for a quick spin and was very impressed. I have a friend who installed the Alien and liked it as well, but they complained about the front clips and the pain to install them.

The Shadeidea was super simple to install even after I broke their bungie installed (folded piece of paper).

61297D79-543A-40F9-B268-26E74B017872.jpeg
@AvengerDog

The install of both the Alien and the Shadeidea are pretty much exactly the same. The difference is the ability/patience, etc. of the installer.

Were I installing a Shadeidea, I would take their provided paper tool and use it as a form to make my own soft plastic tool to use for the install...

In regard to sunshade offerings with the front bungees that have the T clip versus the ball, be sure you have the T clip on the top side of the shade as if it is on the bottom it could rub against and damage the sun visor.

In the install of the Alien and the Shadeidea there is no reason to unbolt/lean the windshield.... a little patience and use the provided plastic/paper gizmo and you can do the install. Yes, if you want, lean the windshield forward a bit but if you go this route it is best to have a second set of hands...

For those living in locales where the temps are always high and that are installing an Alien, you are better off not using the plastic clips when installing the sunshade. Just leave the clips off and run the bungee around the support...

Sponsored