Sponsored

Anybody tried the Apex Steering Boost Kit?

Peterveiga

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 diesel rubicon JL
Perfect timing. I was searching for tips on installing this on a diesel. I've had this for a month or so now and still haven't installed it. I'm waiting on my Next Venture bumpers to be made so I can insure a proper fit. Any tips, or pics, you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I haven't even looked yet to see if the pump is still on the passenger side. I've found that a few other things are flipped around with the Diesel engine.
Pump is on the passenger side, easy to get to. No cutting needed as the pump mounts with a dif bracket on the diesel and there isn’t an air box bracket in the way of the adjuster. I didn’t even have to remove my bumper or winch to install the cooler.

4ABBC3FB-730E-447A-B83C-27B9E47C818E.jpeg

9C912B35-FC49-4937-84F4-CF9E011FCBD1.jpeg

570E2952-C1BE-497B-8CA0-B35A5B37782B.jpeg

73D0EDF4-0737-4F8E-9E90-5BDBF345FAD4.jpeg

C573CEAD-6348-4623-A949-B9A5826F2D56.jpeg

2FDDCFE1-5D43-4199-BC55-CE88381C93A3.jpeg

31C594A6-D457-4A84-9C8C-BCFFEC85EB95.jpeg
Sponsored

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon ecodiesel
Pump is on the passenger side, easy to get to. No cutting needed as the pump mounts with a dif bracket on the diesel and there isn’t an air box bracket in the way of the adjuster. I didn’t even have to remove my bumper or winch to install the cooler.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody tried the Apex Steering Boost Kit? 31C594A6-D457-4A84-9C8C-BCFFEC85EB95

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody tried the Apex Steering Boost Kit? 31C594A6-D457-4A84-9C8C-BCFFEC85EB95

Good deal. Thank you. How much fluid did you end up having to put back in? I want to make sure I have enough on hand before I get started.

Peterveiga

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 diesel rubicon JL
Good deal. Thank you. How much fluid did you end up having to put back in? I want to make sure I have enough on hand before I get started.
That was actually the most painful part for me, spending 70+ bucks in fluid. My local advance had the chf or whatever in the green bottle by the quart and with the cooler and pretty much fully drained it took one and a half quarts once all the bubbles got worked out.
Wife says it’s def much improved turning 38s in the parking lot.

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was actually the most painful part for me, spending 70+ bucks in fluid. My local advance had the chf or whatever in the green bottle by the quart and with the cooler and pretty much fully drained it took one and a half quarts once all the bubbles got worked out.
Wife says it’s def much improved turning 38s in the parking lot.
I've got 40s sitting in the garage waiting for axles to show up. I know it won't be nearly as good as the PSC system that was on my JK but I'm hoping it's better than nothing at all. Thanks again for the good info.

Peterveiga

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 diesel rubicon JL
I've got 40s sitting in the garage waiting for axles to show up. I know it won't be nearly as good as the PSC system that was on my JK but I'm hoping it's better than nothing at all. Thanks again for the good info.
You’re welcome!
I still have my jk and have the full psc system and love it except for the reduced feedback at speed that makes it feel twitchy, so think the apex kit is a nice in between. I think with 40s you’ll def want the pressure up near the top end though. Honestly, our 38s being 15.5 wide I think I need to adjust it up more also, I left it in the middle of the green zone around 1750.

Sponsored

trazbyte

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito 2018 JLUR v6 Manual- 37" xTreme MT2, DirtyLife Wheels, 3.5" Teraflex w/3.3 Falcon Shocks, 5.13 Gearing, Ace Engineering Fenders, JCR Inner Fenders
Bueller ?
Who’s gonna give it a go?
I've had the Apex steering booter on my Jeep for several offroad trips and roughly 5000 miles. It does improve the steering a little bit in everyday driving scenarios around town and in parking lots. When locked it didn't make any difference turning a set of 37" tires without moving. Upgraded to PSC because the Apex Steering booster didn't meet my needs and there is no comparison between the two. Yes this is a cheap option to boost the OE steering, but IMO not worth the money. Best to save the pennies and go PSC.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I've had the Apex steering booter on my Jeep for several offroad trips and roughly 5000 miles. It does improve the steering a little bit in everyday driving scenarios around town and in parking lots. When locked it didn't make any difference turning a set of 37" tires without moving. Upgraded to PSC because the Apex Steering booster didn't meet my needs and there is no comparison between the two. Yes this is a cheap option to boost the OE steering, but IMO not worth the money. Best to save the pennies and go PSC.
thanks for the update. Was very close to pulling the trigger - still no PSC for diesels

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the update. Was very close to pulling the trigger - still no PSC for diesels
I had the Apex kit still in the box but sent it back to Northridge after I decided I needed hydro assist for the 40s. I called Redneck Ram and am going that route for my diesel. I was going to add the Apex kit to the Redneck Ram kit but was told it wasn't necessary. We'll see. If I have problems I'll add it in later.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
@apexdesignsusa (Vendor) Any idea when these kits with the cooler will be back in stock on your website? Been trying to find one for a week now with no luck.

Sponsored

Unrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4door
Vehicle Showcase
Asked Apex last week about when they might be back in stock. They replied that they were hoping to have in a couple of months. New cooler design.

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Asked Apex last week about when they might be back in stock. They replied that they were hoping to have in a couple of months. New cooler design.
Just a guess on my part but maybe they are making it smaller. There have been some people who have had a challenge getting it between their winch and radiator.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Just a guess on my part but maybe they are making it smaller. There have been some people who have had a challenge getting it between their winch and radiator.
I found that it fits perfect between the crash bards.. Added a CavFab skid to protect it, but its nice & tucked out of the way there.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
*Sigh. Go figure. I’m going to snag one as soon as they’re released.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
I just shipped one back to Northridge last week but I don't even see that part on their website now.

We pulled it off the website until the new ones arrive.
Sponsored