Sponsored

Anybody tried the Apex Steering Boost Kit?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Bueller ?
Who’s gonna give it a go?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Interesting, note the last line in the description about the aluminum box. Also the line about reducing wheel feedback on rough terrain. Someone needs to try this.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
YouTube channel JL Life Offroad installed this last year. Mo is pretty responsive if you want to ask about feedback.

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Just installed everything and am using Amsoil fluid. Have not taken off-road yet but my initial impression is that it works, steering while not moving on pavement is easy now. In the instructions it says you can leave the Gauge installed, I would recommend installing the plug after setting your pressure, this will ensure a solid feel.

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Just installed everything and am using Amsoil fluid. Have not taken off-road yet but my initial impression is that it works, steering while not moving on pavement is easy now. In the instructions it says you can leave the Gauge installed, I would recommend installing the plug after setting your pressure, this will ensure a solid feel.
Any noticeable difference in the way it feels driving on the road? Did it make it feel heavier or lighter at all?

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Any noticeable difference in the way it feels driving on the road? Did it make it feel heavier or lighter at all?
No difference at all, it feels exactly the same when moving, only difference I is when not moving, it’s just as easy as when moving now.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
In the description they mentioned reducing wheel kick back on rough terrain. I was wondering if that would help at all with some of the slight wobbles a lot of people have been having.

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Since you’re increasing the output pressure, in theory as long as you’re holding the steering wheel the output from the pump would be higher having a greater counter force to any type of road feedback caused by rough and uneven terrain. Same theory applies to full ram assist steering.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Since you’re increasing the output pressure, in theory as long as you’re holding the steering wheel the output from the pump would be higher having a greater counter force to any type of road feedback caused by rough and uneven terrain. Same theory applies to full ram assist steering.
How was the install?Did you have to pull the pump?

Sponsored

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
How was the install?Did you have to pull the pump?
Yes the pump needs to be pulled to access the port where the new regulator adjuster screws into, though after doing it I bet I could have done it in place. It’s accessed from the bottom driver side corner when the adjustment is made.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Yes the pump needs to be pulled to access the port where the new regulator adjuster screws into, though after doing it I bet I could have done it in place. It’s accessed from the bottom driver side corner when the adjustment is made.
Watching their video I somewhat felt it would be possible leaving it in the Jeep. Where did you end up mounting the cooler?