Sponsored

Anybody tried the Apex Steering Boost Kit?

Chainringtattoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon ecodiesel
I had the Apex kit still in the box but sent it back to Northridge after I decided I needed hydro assist for the 40s. I called Redneck Ram and am going that route for my diesel. I was going to add the Apex kit to the Redneck Ram kit but was told it wasn't necessary. We'll see. If I have problems I'll add it in later.
Replying to my own post here. Now that I have the Redneck Ram and 40s/tons on my Jeep I wish I had kept the Apex kit to add to it as well. The Redneck Ram is not as smooth and powerful as a PSC kit. Perhaps with the addition of the power the Apex kit would have added it would be closer in performance.
Sponsored

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Replying to my own post here. Now that I have the Redneck Ram and 40s/tons on my Jeep I wish I had kept the Apex kit to add to it as well. The Redneck Ram is not as smooth and powerful as a PSC kit. Perhaps with the addition of the power the Apex kit would have added it would be closer in performance.
I can’t say as to how much stronger the PSC kit is than my setup but I am running the Redneck Ram with the Apex boost kit and cooler, I am very pleased with the power and happy to say the steering on road has never felt better, absolutely zero play or vague feeling in the steering wheel.

cshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 2019
Just installed everything and am using Amsoil fluid. Have not taken off-road yet but my initial impression is that it works, steering while not moving on pavement is easy now. In the instructions it says you can leave the Gauge installed, I would recommend installing the plug after setting your pressure, this will ensure a solid feel.
can you explain a little more ?

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
can you explain a little more ?
I ended up flushing out the Amsoil and going with Pentosin, it’s a thinner viscosity.
There is a gauge attached to a hose that you use to set the pressure, in that gauge there is a diaphragm and the hose if not bled 100% will have an air pocket which will create a less than perfect hydraulic scenario and will cause mushy steering feel. I hope this helps answer your question.

Soli

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Moab
I have a brand new one never installed looking to sell the complete kit

Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I ended up flushing out the Amsoil and going with Pentosin, it’s a thinner viscosity.
There is a gauge attached to a hose that you use to set the pressure, in that gauge there is a diaphragm and the hose if not bled 100% will have an air pocket which will create a less than perfect hydraulic scenario and will cause mushy steering feel. I hope this helps answer your question.
Did you remove the sandwich plate

XtremeRetard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I left the sandwich plate in and just put the little apex plug into the gauge port once I had set pressure.

I don't think the sandwich is going anywhere as the bolt that holds it is pretty long.
Sponsored