Status
Not open for further replies.

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Trackhawk, AEV Prospector XL, Viper TA2.0, Dodge Demon, etc etc etc...
No the lockers are now controlled with my spod.
What I was told was that the UD60 used an optional Dana Spicer E-Locker Harness (DAN10021771). I had assumed this put the locker functionality back to the stock switch? Did you not use the optional harness or did you go to the spod for a specific reason? I have been eyeing the XD60/60 set up from dynatrac with the eaton lockers but to my knowledge they won't work with the OEM in dash switch. I've read the XD60 is a lot better than the UD60 but is not plug and play like the UD which is swaying me towards the UD60.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
What I was told was that the UD60 used an optional Dana Spicer E-Locker Harness (DAN10021771). I had assumed this put the locker functionality back to the stock switch? Did you not use the optional harness or did you go to the spod for a specific reason? I have been eyeing the XD60/60 set up from dynatrac with the eaton lockers but to my knowledge they won't work with the OEM in dash switch. I've read the XD60 is a lot better than the UD60 but is not plug and play like the UD which is swaying me towards the UD60.

I just ordered my set of XD60's yesterday with the Eaton lockers. I'm going to make them work with the stock switches until I get a better understanding of the rest of the Jeep setup. I couldn't see spending so much damn money on the Spod setup just to control the lockers.

Should be easy to use the auxiliary switches if the stock switches don't work. It's only electricity.

I'll get it figured out. :)

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered my set of XD60's yesterday with the Eaton lockers. I'm going to make them work with the stock switches until I get a better understanding of the rest of the Jeep setup. I couldn't see spending so much damn money on the Spod setup just to control the lockers.

Should be easy to use the auxiliary switches if the stock switches don't work. It's only electricity.

I'll get it figured out. :)
Please keep me updated. I have the eaton wiring diagram. Been searching for the OEM locker switch diagram. I have heard that teh OEM locker switch goes through the ECU that links it to speed sensors and whole bunch of nannies so the average joe Rubicon mall crawler buyer can't engage the lockers on the highway at 75mph. Have to make everything idiot proof to avoid lawsuits these days. Have no idea how to upload the diagram here but if you want it email me

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
If I'm not mistaken... it is just a 2 wire install. Is that what you see on the locker diagram?

[email protected] if you want to email it.

Sponsored

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just want to see pictures with JLs doing all of this. Gussets/sleeves sort out most of the 37" issues on past axles, going to a Dana 60 Ultimate is next level. I'm super impressed folks are driving their JLs that hard and would love to see photos.
Pics of Dana Ultimate 60s in action. Sorry they are on a JK. They worked great. Not going as big with JL.

Only downside was the bracketry wasn't awesome. Had to weld on gussets. Once we did, they held up awesome.

IMG_1694.JPG

IMG_1696.JPG

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I think the Ultimate Dana 60's are a fantastic bargain for a bolt in axle. Can someone build an axle cheaper out of a junk yard? Sure. But it is nice having brand new stuff so you know where you start.

In the end I read some negative issues like what you just posted. I've seen a few that were split in half. Is it common? Nope. But I have a great ability to be the exception. So Dynatrac got the nod in hopes of not having any of those issues.

Plus! They are 72.5" wide. :)

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the Ultimate Dana 60's are a fantastic bargain for a bolt in axle. Can someone build an axle cheaper out of a junk yard? Sure. But it is nice having brand new stuff so you know where you start.

In the end I read some negative issues like what you just posted. I've seen a few that were split in half. Is it common? Nope. But I have a great ability to be the exception. So Dynatrac got the nod in hopes of not having any of those issues.

Plus! They are 72.5" wide. :)
Going the XD60/60 route myself I think. Finding a beadlock in a 5.5BS has been a pain. Looks like Trailready is only option.

Sponsored

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to run 4.75"BS on a 10" wide wheel for the 13.50 wide tires. Should turn out nice. :)
a 72.5" wide axle with a 10" wide wheel and 4.75" BS? That is 85" wide wheel face to wheel face if my math is right. With tires maybe 88-90" from outside tire to outside tire? What wheels have you found?

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All looks pretty normal. :)
Called Dana about the UD60 being plug and play on the lockers. They said there is an E-locker wire harness kit #10021771 and a OE Integration crate axle e-locker wire harness #10056733 listed for the JL. The person I spoke with didn't know the difference between the two. I'm fingers crossed that one of these harnesses would make the XD60 plug and play too but maybe Dynatrac can't say anything because it isn't their part?
Found these links too: https://danaaftermarket.com/automot...6&cat3=413&cp=0&catalog=PIMS_NA&partType=PART

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called Dana about the UD60 being plug and play on the lockers. They said there is an E-locker wire harness kit #10021771 and a OE Integration crate axle e-locker wire harness #10056733 listed for the JL. The person I spoke with didn't know the difference between the two. I'm fingers crossed that one of these harnesses would make the XD60 plug and play too but maybe Dynatrac can't say anything because it isn't their part?
Found these links too: https://danaaftermarket.com/automot...6&cat3=413&cp=0&catalog=PIMS_NA&partType=PART
Te other working harness kit: https://danaaftermarket.com/part/id/997459?pn=10021771&cp=0&catalog=PIMS_NA&partType=PART

If you try these and they work please let me know. Jeep should be here in February and I'd like to go XD60 but only if I can integrate it to OEM switch and be seamless.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.