Sponsored

Anybody remove the 4xe Rubicon Hood Decal?

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
yes you CAN remove it. Go to a shop to have it done or do i t yourself but it's a little bit of a task.
Id advise you to do it asap as the more you drive and heat hits it, the harder it will be to remove.
Once you take it off, just clean the hood.
IF you have the decal on for an extended amount of time, then wax the hood after removal.
Don't pay attention to posts about "shiny spot" thats just a foolish comment by people who dont understand
Sponsored

Bob_N_AZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Ford Excape Hybrid
I removed my hood decal (as well as all the other decals and badging) as soon as I got my 4xe. I have never noticed and do not know what everyone is referring to with regard to glare or reflection from the hood. I have a metallic granite Rubicon:

Jeep-Hood.jpg
Did you remove decals or have the dealer do it? If you did how did you do it?

Donp

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2022 4xe Rubi
Occupation
Retired
I have a white 4xe & really like the big, textured, black sticker. Underneath it is a large flat area of shiny, clear coated paint. With low sun angles, the reflections are bad, something I noticed when renting a JL Sport a few months before my 4xe arrived. Reflections may not be an issue for you & yours, but I find the sticker helpful.
I agree with the reflection comment. We have an 18 JL Rubicon and when traveling, especially in the early morning, the reflection off the hood is blinding. I was happy to see the big black decal on the hood of the 4Xe.

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
I'm going to remove it in order to apply PPF then likely re-apply or leave it off.. we shall see how i like it once its removed. I did contact Pixel decals (Don) is excellent and makes replacement ones as i have not seen OEM's replacement stickers anywhere online, plus he can make them in diff color as needed which i most likely will do.
Sponsored