Sponsored

Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails?

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Looking to get a set of front mud flaps to combat the slush and "stuff" kicking up and completely covering the doors. The Rokblokz look like winners, just not sure if the cutouts for the Rubicon accommodate the performance rock rails or not....or if cutouts are needed at all in my setup. Ordering/installing options are:

(1) order with cutouts and they install "as is"
(2) order with cutouts but the cutouts need to be modified to install properly
(3) order with no cutouts and they install "as is"
(4) order with no cutouts and have to make custom cutouts from scratch to install properly

I'm hoping somebody has experience I can leverage. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Looking to get a set of front mud flaps to combat the slush and "stuff" kicking up and completely covering the doors. The Rokblokz look like winners, just not sure if the cutouts for the Rubicon accommodate the performance rock rails or not....or if cutouts are needed at all in my setup. Ordering/installing options are:

(1) order with cutouts and they install "as is"
(2) order with cutouts but the cutouts need to be modified to install properly
(3) order with no cutouts and they install "as is"
(4) order with no cutouts and have to make custom cutouts from scratch to install properly

I'm hoping somebody has experience I can leverage. Thanks in advance!
For anybody following....#3 is not the answer. The performance rock rails come far enough forward that a cutout is needed. Hoping to exchange mine with no cutouts for the ones with the Rubicon cutouts and modify those. I don't feel up to making cutouts from scratch.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
For anybody following....#3 is not the answer. The performance rock rails come far enough forward that a cutout is needed. Hoping to exchange mine with no cutouts for the ones with the Rubicon cutouts and modify those. I don't feel up to making cutouts from scratch.
Did you get the front RokBlokz installed successfully on your MOAB and if so, which option did you use and how did the install go? Could you post pics or PM me some? Thanks

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Did you get the front RokBlokz installed successfully on your MOAB and if so, which option did you use and how did the install go? Could you post pics or PM me some? Thanks
I ordered the "uncut" version. I quickly realized that was not the best option (for me) so I contacted RokBlokz. Since I had already installed the metal clips, they could not refund/exchange, so they offered to send me a template I could use to make the Rubicon cutouts. I was able to use the cardboard template and modify it to account for the Performance Rock Rails. I scored the flap with a utility knife and then used a Dremel to complete the cutout.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the flap to sit properly (likely user error), so I did not install them. I may give it another shot when it warms up a bit.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I ordered the "uncut" version. I quickly realized that was not the best option (for me) so I contacted RokBlokz. Since I had already installed the metal clips, they could not refund/exchange, so they offered to send me a template I could use to make the Rubicon cutouts. I was able to use the cardboard template and modify it to account for the Performance Rock Rails. I scored the flap with a utility knife and then used a Dremel to complete the cutout.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the flap to sit properly (likely user error), so I did not install them. I may give it another shot when it warms up a bit.
I guess it’s just not possible to have mud flaps with the MOAB performance rock rails.

Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but wondering if you ended up getting the RokBloks to work. I just got a Rubicon and plan to add the performance rock rails. Originally I was going to get the Weathertech mud guards, but it says they wont work with the performance rails/moab rails.

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but wondering if you ended up getting the RokBloks to work. I just got a Rubicon and plan to add the performance rock rails. Originally I was going to get the Weathertech mud guards, but it says they wont work with the performance rails/moab rails.
I did not get them to work. You say you have a Rubicon. Unless you swapped out the stock rock rails for the performance ones, you can get the RokBloks with the cutouts and they will fit just right.

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have a stock Rubicon, and I know the mud flaps would work(RokBloks or weathertech) but I was able to get a set of takeoff “Mopar Performance Rock Rails” which I plan to swap on to the Jeep. I need the small step for the kids to get in.
I might just order a set of them and use a dremel to cut out more

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Yeah, I have a stock Rubicon, and I know the mud flaps would work(RokBloks or weathertech) but I was able to get a set of takeoff “Mopar Performance Rock Rails” which I plan to swap on to the Jeep. I need the small step for the kids to get in.
I might just order a set of them and use a dremel to cut out more
I think that’s the best idea. Modifying a set with existing cutouts should be easier than a set without. Best of luck.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I have the RokBlokz with the cutout then modified to fit the performance rock rails. It can be done with a little patience, mine are slightly off but not too bad. I had concerns with the additional material being cut out and durability but I have not had an issue even on off-road trails.

IMG_6066.jpeg

DSC_2755.jpeg

Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the RokBlokz with the cutout then modified to fit the performance rock rails. It can be done with a little patience, mine are slightly off but not too bad. I had concerns with the additional material being cut out and durability but I have not had an issue even on off-road trails.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails? DSC_2755

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails? DSC_2755
Thanks, those look great! Btw, nice JT - I love the Hydro Blue

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks FrostQ, those look good. I like how it is uncut, less chance for dirt/salt to get through. How is the zip tie part on the inner hole holding up? Any issues with it loosening up, etc...?

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to update the thread. I ended up using the weathertech rubicon mud guards. I used a multitool to cut them around the larger rock rails. It was a but of a pain and I cut a little too much off the first one, but overall, I think it turned out ok.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails? 4D53FE99-99B9-4315-B38B-C94A6F71F531

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails? 092404E4-E440-4E47-A4E4-B774CACAF4EF

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails? FBA5D5AE-8BB0-4562-AA3E-824C1B735CE0

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Just wanted to update the thread. I ended up using the weathertech rubicon mud guards. I used a multitool to cut them around the larger rock rails. It was a but of a pain and I cut a little too much off the first one, but overall, I think it turned out ok.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody install front Rokblokz on a MOAB or other model/trim with Mopar Performance Rock Rails? FBA5D5AE-8BB0-4562-AA3E-824C1B735CE0

I’m in the same boat . I put the original rails back on for now but you’ve given me hope to reinstall my performance rails. Did you remove the end cap for a template since it’s impossible to use the rails installed ? Thanks
Sponsored