Sponsored

Anybody in Europe/UK pursued this? (TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel"))

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
They wont be able to do much apart from alignment and software check as the RHD parts relating to this TSB are not available...yet.

Mine has the latest and current AE steering box and its still a rubbish, vague wandering mess. Bit like trying to navigate a barge down the road you have to pre-empt your turns.

Should not be long until they release RHD replacement steel steering box / bolts.
yes I knew this and told them but they insisted they needed the vehicle in first to open a case.

Also looking at my excessive hard top wind noise which has developed into a leak now :(
Sponsored

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
yes I knew this and told them but they insisted they needed the vehicle in first to open a case.

Also looking at my excessive hard top wind noise which has developed into a leak now :(
Oh dear, not great with the amount of rain we have. Luckily I don't have that problem, be interested to know what caused that. Out of interest do you know which model of steering box you have? If its ending AD it will be very bad, AE the slightly newer one is better, but not great. Cant wait for the steel box to be available in RHD guise!

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Hi Howi, check the seal isn't bent out of shape in the middle between the two front freedom tops when they are in place, mine had excessive noise to and I jumped up on the roof to check and lo and behold dealership must have not re-seated the panels and had bent back one of the seals, that all it took. Mine was right at the front of the seal and was bent upward and not seated correctly.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hi Howi, check the seal isn't bent out of shape in the middle between the two front freedom tops when they are in place, mine had excessive noise to and I jumped up on the roof to check and lo and behold dealership must have not re-seated the panels and had bent back one of the seals, that all it took. Mine was right at the front of the seal and was bent upward and not seated correctly.
cheers , I wish it was that , have refitted them a few times and you are correct it is easy to do but mine are ok

Sponsored

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Hey Guys,

Good news, the new RHD steel boxes are released :)

2 door model : K68507572AA.

4 door model : not sure, anyone with a 4 door please call Jeep and then lets update everyone

In addition the following parts are also required
1 06506950AA Bolt, I-Shaft
1 06513396AA Bolts, Frame - Steering Gear (4 Bolts Per Package)

Race is on to see who can be first UK person to get the steel boxes and fix this steering mess :)

cheers, Jon

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hey Guys,

Good news, the new RHD steel boxes are released :)

2 door model : K68507572AA.

4 door model : not sure, anyone with a 4 door please call Jeep and then lets update everyone

In addition the following parts are also required
1 06506950AA Bolt, I-Shaft
1 06513396AA Bolts, Frame - Steering Gear (4 Bolts Per Package)

Race is on to see who can be first UK person to get the steel boxes and fix this steering mess :)

cheers, Jon
great news !

mine is at the dealers right now, they won’t do anything until the wheels and suspension is put back to stock, complete bullshit for this type of vehicle aside from the fact the problem is documented on mine from new before any mods

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
so have we got a new TSB on this for RHD now?

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
so have we got a new TSB on this for RHD now?

Hey good news, my dealer has received approval to order the new RHD steel box :) :) There is not a new TSB, however if you state the RHD part number and TSB, you should be ok.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hey good news, my dealer has received approval to order the new RHD steel box :) :) There is not a new TSB, however if you state the RHD part number and TSB, you should be ok.
brilliant! Can I ask which dealer?

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
brilliant! Can I ask which dealer?
Hi Howi, to avoid my dealer being bombarded with requests, I will keep it private until the work is done and I have tested it. As mentioned above this TSB relates to cars within the EMEA, the TSB did not list RHD steering box part numbers when released as not manufactured at that time. Jeep has now caught up and released the steel RHD boxes. Makes sense as LHD accounts for over 80% of global jeep sales, so RHD will always come second. Good luck!

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hi Howi, to avoid my dealer being bombarded with requests, I will keep it private until the work is done and I have tested it. As mentioned above this TSB relates to cars within the EMEA, the TSB did not list RHD steering box part numbers when released as not manufactured at that time. Jeep has now caught up and released the steel RHD boxes. Makes sense as LHD accounts for over 80% of global jeep sales, so RHD will always come second. Good luck!
ok fair enough, I don’t think my dealer believes me this is being done in the UK!, let us know how it goes
Sponsored