Sponsored

Anybody in Europe/UK pursued this? (TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel"))

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Last edited:

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
I have passed the TSB to my dealer for feedback.

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Copied form the original thread: Jeep Cares said "It is noted on the TSB that "this bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, APAC, LATAM and EMEA." European countries are included in EMEA. This TSB is not a recall, so it would not come up as a recall when your VIN is entered at the Mopar site."

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
yes have sent to my dealer, need to wait the usual 90+ days for some sort of reply

Sponsored

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
I have an open case for the the TSB 08-074-20. Jeep JL 3door 2019 / 69 plate.

Steering has been horrendous since ownership in December 2019. Had steering box replaced to the latest AE model in March, fat lot of good that did!
Car wanders all over the road, especially on the motorway. I am seriously amazed Jeep took so long to release this TSB and am sure many accidents have occurred due to the shocking steering / dead zone. Shame on you Jeep! And they have the cheek to release a TSB, not a proper recall(that's probably due to some owners not being aware of how a Jeep should handle).

Jeep UK service (which routes to Italy) said the TSB lists LHD part numbers; yes that can be seen on the TSB. I asked them when the part numbers will be available for RHD and they said the TSB relates to LHD only! I politely reminded them that the UK is in the EMEA and the case remains open.

I suspect the dealers and Jeep EU have some catching up to do against the US market. I heard that parts in the US are not readily available.

The TSB does reference steel bolts / steering box so sounds like they are ditching the aluminium casing in favour of a more rigid design. From what I have seen on youtube, some US folks are really happy with the improvement, am keeping fingers crossed we can share the same driving experience in the UK soon. In the meantime white knuckle rides continue!

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I have an open case for the the TSB 08-074-20. Jeep JL 3door 2019 / 69 plate.

Steering has been horrendous since ownership in December 2019. Had steering box replaced to the latest AE model in March, fat lot of good that did!
Car wanders all over the road, especially on the motorway. I am seriously amazed Jeep took so long to release this TSB and am sure many accidents have occurred due to the shocking steering / dead zone. Shame on you Jeep! And they have the cheek to release a TSB, not a proper recall(that's probably due to some owners not being aware of how a Jeep should handle).

Jeep UK service (which routes to Italy) said the TSB lists LHD part numbers; yes that can be seen on the TSB. I asked them when the part numbers will be available for RHD and they said the TSB relates to LHD only! I politely reminded them that the UK is in the EMEA and the case remains open.

I suspect the dealers and Jeep EU have some catching up to do against the US market. I heard that parts in the US are not readily available.

The TSB does reference steel bolts / steering box so sounds like they are ditching the aluminium casing in favour of a more rigid design. From what I have seen on youtube, some US folks are really happy with the improvement, am keeping fingers crossed we can share the same driving experience in the UK soon. In the meantime white knuckle rides continue!
glad I am not on my own in the UK!

Lets keep this alive and make sure it gets done :fingerscrossed:

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Quick update....

Jeep Customer Care called me today confirming the TSB does not include RHD vehicles. Again, I reminded themit states Jeep JL's 2018-2020 EMEA region. We both agreed Jeep has catching up to do by releasing the parts for RHD vehicles. Until they do, there is no fix for RHD Jeep JL's :(

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Quick update....

Jeep Customer Care called me today confirming the TSB does not include RHD vehicles. Again, I reminded themit states Jeep JL's 2018-2020 EMEA region. We both agreed Jeep has catching up to do by releasing the parts for RHD vehicles. Until they do, there is no fix for RHD Jeep JL's :(
at least you got a reply , albeit not one we wanted !

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
My dealer are saying I have had it done, it was the V41 recall (steering damper) , is that the same thing?

Sponsored

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Quick update....

Thanks for the update.
Actually, that might be true since the steering box for LHD is different than RHD models. Have you checked the P/N in your steering box?

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
My dealer are saying I have had it done, it was the V41 recall (steering damper) , is that the same thing?
Not at all, V41 is a recall to replace the steering damper.

TSB 08-074-20 is a Technical Service Bulletin to fix a potential problem in the steering of your Wrangler, where they need to replace the steering box.

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
The RHD have different part numbers to the LHD, however they are fundamentally the same box, made in the same factory and yes with the same issue!
My RHD box is a recent model ending AE, this is actually the latest one available in RHD guise. That was also the case for the LHD model (also ended in AE) however with this TSB LHD JLs have been prioritised (they sell alot more) for the very latest steering box and also updated steel bolts. All the LHD part numbers are on the TSB.
As soon as the RHD ones are available I will be into my dealership like a whippet as the current steering boxes are vague, wander, huge dead zone and pretty unpleasant to drive on the motorway and track straight.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
my dealer are having mine in for assessment for this fix hopefully, not sure what they are going to do yet.

Only after I contacted Jeep direct though

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
my dealer are having mine in for assessment for this fix hopefully, not sure what they are going to do yet.

Only after I contacted Jeep direct though
They wont be able to do much apart from alignment and software check as the RHD parts relating to this TSB are not available...yet.

Mine has the latest and current AE steering box and its still a rubbish, vague wandering mess. Bit like trying to navigate a barge down the road you have to pre-empt your turns.

Should not be long until they release RHD replacement steel steering box / bolts.
Sponsored