Sponsored

Anybody in Europe/UK pursued this? (TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel"))

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Yes same box/ part number as replaced 6 mths ago. I took it to a diffetent dealership so fresh tech eyes could review. I think they replaced box again as precautionary measure + they probably wanted the reveue as its a warranty claim. As I say, convinced new software made the difference this time as I already had the newer steel box.
Great news! I only wish they don't make it worse in my case since I am going to be the first one to replace the steering box/software (if they approve my case, of course)...
Sponsored

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Great news! I only wish they don't make it worse in my case since I am going to be the first one to replace the steering box/software (if they approve my case, of course)...
You are definitely not the first! Based on the original TSB 08-07-20 Jeep screwed it up. The muppets got through 6 revisions of the same TSB (some only days apart), before they finally got it right. Be thankful your not the first :)

TSB 08-074-20 ā€“ Improved steering feel / wandering
Rev A : 16th September 2020
Rev B : 26th September 2020
Rev C : 23rd October 2020
Rev D : 17th November 2020
Rev E : 3rd December 2020

TSB 08-003-21
January 9th 2021 (this is currently the latest)

I now have the latest, its good, steering is still light, but the wandering is gone. HOWEVER, do ensure they check the software / sales code and ask for a print out. This is where mine went wrong on the prior fixes.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are definitely not the first! Based on the original TSB 08-07-20 Jeep screwed it up. The muppets got through 6 revisions of the same TSB (some only days apart), before they finally got it right. Be thankful your not the first :)

TSB 08-074-20 ā€“ Improved steering feel / wandering
Rev A : 16th September 2020
Rev B : 26th September 2020
Rev C : 23rd October 2020
Rev D : 17th November 2020
Rev E : 3rd December 2020

TSB 08-003-21
January 9th 2021 (this is currently the latest)

I now have the latest, its good, steering is still light, but the wandering is gone. HOWEVER, do ensure they check the software / sales code and ask for a print out. This is where mine went wrong on the prior fixes.
Thanks, yeah, definitely will try to check as much as possible. What I meant that Iā€™m gonna be the first in Cyprus to change the steering box I guess ā€¦ anyway, weā€™ll see šŸ˜Ž

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A small update: after checking my Jeep for around half a day the service manager called me to come and pick it up. I was expecting a long conversation regarding the tires and/or any other reasons why they wouldn't apply this TSB.. but surprisingly without any argue they confirmed me that my software is not up-to-date, as well as the steering box itself, so they will order everything needed/mentioned in the TSB, and as soon as all the stuff arrives they will arrange an appointment to change and update everything... honestly - I'm a bit shocked (in the good way), I realize that it will take some time since Cyprus is a tiny market + Christmas + New Year, but nevertheless!
Soooo... will keep posted!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Anyone in Germany managed to get this done?
I had thought my dealer did it, but they didnt. They further claim there is no such TSB for Europe.

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you imagine, guys, Iā€™m still waiting for the parts?! :facepalm:

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Sadly, it doesn't surprise me at all taram.

Last year , I sold my 2.2 diesel JLU Rubicon because of the incompetent dealers and support from Jeep UK.

My vehicle spent many weeks in several Jeep dealerships with numerous faults, was recovered twice by breakdown trucks and I had to wait months for a replacement rear windscreen.

A real shame as I loved the Jeep and purchased it as a keeper.

After all the aggravation, the only saving grace was that I managed to sell it for Ā£2000 less than I paid for it 18 months previously. With hindsight I am so glad I didn't spend a fortune on upgrades and modifications. I kept it stock.

I will never buy another Stellantis Group vehicle in my lifetime.
-10 out of 10 for customer service at best.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Sadly, it doesn't surprise me at all taram.

Last year , I sold my 2.2 diesel JLU Rubicon because of the incompetent dealers and support from Jeep UK.

My vehicle spent many weeks in several Jeep dealerships with numerous faults, was recovered twice by breakdown trucks and I had to wait months for a replacement rear windscreen.

A real shame as I loved the Jeep and purchased it as a keeper.

After all the aggravation, the only saving grace was that I managed to sell it for Ā£2000 less than I paid for it 18 months previously. With hindsight I am so glad I didn't spend a fortune on upgrades and modifications. I kept it stock.

I will never buy another Stellantis Group vehicle in my lifetime.
-10 out of 10 for customer service at best.
I guess you mean 1 out of 10? ;)

This is my 9th Jeep, although the first outside of the US.
The biggest lesson I have learned? Never buy a Jeep outside of North America unless you are willing to live with a complete lack of support.
I have no idea what the guys in Australia are thinking about getting a Jeep over a Toyota 70 series. Sure, that's what everyone else drives, but on the other hand, maybe there is a reason for that.
I like my jeep so plan to keep it, but there are so many little niggles that they won't fix unless you live in the US. Like the steering box.
It's especially annoying considering how much more a Jeep costs in Europe than in the US.
On the upside, they are still seen as "cool", so residual values remain very high relative to other vehicles in the segment. Like the Defender for example. The news ones have the same nose dive in resale value as a Range Rover.
The old defenders on the other hand are worth more than when they were new.
Now is anyhow a shit time to buy a car. Everything is ridiculously expensive.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Including copy of TSB-08-003-21 in case you haven't seen it. It covers EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
Had my steering box changed over in June following an assessment in April. Road test showed excess play and wandering in steering. Dealer agreed to seek Jeep approval for the changeover. Makes a huge difference.
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone buys the Toyota fallacy. They can break down just a much as any other vehicle out there. It is the support infrastructure throughout Australia that is perhaps the attraction. The 70 series is a solid reliable performer, but is also true to its roots and very agricultural. I would have one, but I like my Jeep a whole world better. Back in May, I completed a 9,000km trek through Central Australia with camper trailer in tow. The Jeep didn't miss a beat, with the 2.2 diesel managing both on road and off comfortably and with ease.

Attachments

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Including copy of TSB-08-003-21 in case you haven't seen it. It covers EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
Had my steering box changed over in June following an assessment in April. Road test showed excess play and wandering in steering. Dealer agreed to seek Jeep approval for the changeover. Makes a huge difference.
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone buys the Toyota fallacy. They can break down just a much as any other vehicle out there. It is the support infrastructure throughout Australia that is perhaps the attraction. The 70 series is a solid reliable performer, but is also true to its roots and very agricultural. I would have one, but I like my Jeep a whole world better. Back in May, I completed a 9,000km trek through Central Australia with camper trailer in tow. The Jeep didn't miss a beat, with the 2.2 diesel managing both on road and off comfortably and with ease.
Thanks. I already printed out the TSB for them and ask them again, today, to just do it because this is the 5th time I am there and I am sick of it. Let's see if they do it. I spoke with Jeep Europe on the phone and they basically say "it's up to the dealer to determine if the steering is normal".

Maybe you misunderstood my meaning about Toyota in Australia.
My point is not that they are inherently better, it's the fact that Toyota will actually service your vehicle. Though I would argue a 70 series is better in most quantifiable ways.
Jeep service is a shit show unless you live in the US. And even then, the chance to get an asshole dealer ripping you off is high. Look at the dude who just paid over a 1k for 300 dollar level service.

***Update.
Dealer finally agreed to change the steering pump for the steel one.

Last edited:

Sponsored

snake33

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Hello

I have the TSB in my car and only I can say what a change . It s not perfect but the car react is another now.

Some issues that after TSB correct or dissapear.

- I m not correcting all the time the direction.
- the wind is not affecting the direction ( strong wind is affecting but this is because de distance to the floor)
- I can drive at 120 Km/ h without feeling that I m floating in the motorway.
- Feel more confidence in the corners in the road.
- Great feeling now in the land .

I m happy now the way feel in the road.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello

I have the TSB in my car and only I can say what a change . It s not perfect but the car react is another now.

Some issues that after TSB correct or dissapear.

- I m not correcting all the time the direction.
- the wind is not affecting the direction ( strong wind is affecting but this is because de distance to the floor)
- I can drive at 120 Km/ h without feeling that I m floating in the motorway.
- Feel more confidence in the corners in the road.
- Great feeling now in the land .

I m happy now the way feel in the road.
Lucky you, congratulations!
For how long have you been waiting for the dealership to fix this TSB? Itā€™s exactly 1 year in this November since Iā€™ve applied for itā€¦ :facepalm:

snake33

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
around 3 months between apply and they repair the car.

talk with jeep service in Europe .. I m sure they can help you if they approve the tsb

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep just denied me this repair. Actually, even though I have only 15k KM they said because the car did not have the official inspection last year during the pandemic, where it was impossible to get an appointment that my warranty is voided and they won't cover any repairs.
I had been in 4 times to address the steering issue and twice for a leaking roof....that is it.

The last 3 Saturday's I have spent at the Jeep dealer. My son has Chinese lessons near there for two hours every Sat.
I just walk around and wait for people who are looking at cars and then go and warn them no to buy a Jeep or any FCA car. I then give them business cards for a friend who works at land rover and another guy I know from Ineos.
I am positive I have cost them at least 10 sales so far.
I plan to start visiting other dealers as well ;) The classes end in another year. So I am in this for the long haul.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep just denied me this repair. Actually, even though I have only 15k KM they said because the car did not have the official inspection last year during the pandemic, where it was impossible to get an appointment that my warranty is voided and they won't cover any repairs.
I had been in 4 times to address the steering issue and twice for a leaking roof....that is it.

The last 3 Saturday's I have spent at the Jeep dealer. My son has Chinese lessons near there for two hours every Sat.
I just walk around and wait for people who are looking at cars and then go and warn them no to buy a Jeep or any FCA car. I then give them business cards for a friend who works at land rover and another guy I know from Ineos.
I am positive I have cost them at least 10 sales so far.
I plan to start visiting other dealers as well ;) The classes end in another year. So I am in this for the long haul.
Sorry to hear that you were denied, I fully agree they must get what they deserve. I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive (at least it's what dealer is telling me, I'm not surprised if they deny me in the end of the days as well), heading towards 1 year awaiting since my claim...
Sponsored