Sponsored

Anybody in Europe/UK pursued this? (TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel"))

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Nope going in Monday and very excited :) Its having its first service too which Jeep are paying for / goodwill gesture for the prolonged delay.

When is yours being done ?
good luck!!

waiting for a date from the dealer, have a long list to sort :surprised:
Sponsored

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
I meant to add, having lived with the problem for so long I did eventually find a sweet spot on my tyre pressures 34.5 all round, which helps a little with the wandering

Certainly not 41 PSI as the manual suggests, will be interesting to see if PSI can go up once the box is replaced.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I meant to add, having lived with the problem for so long I did eventually find a sweet spot on my tyre pressures 34.5 all round, which helps a little with the wandering

Certainly not 41 PSI as the manual suggests, will be interesting to see if PSI can go up once the box is replaced.
yea had some hairy m-way journeys recently , especially with the wind we have been getting!

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
haha, a Wrangler with heavy wind and a dodgy steering box make for a great laxative.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hey guys! Just went to my dealer here in Spain to let them know about my steering problem and the new TBS 03-008-21. They were really kind to me, since they've checked about it in their computer without even know anything about this TBS steering gear box upgrade and they were happy to proceed with ordering all the parts for my JL without even mind about my 2.5" lift kit or the 35" wheels. The dealer's engineer advised me to call JEEP CARE asap so I would get kind of priority in my order. I did it and waiting for them to call me back next week to let me know the estimated date of arrival. Hope this upgrade fixes the steering death wobble and wandering🙏
wow well done you found the one good Jeep dealership in Europe ! Maybe the world:LOL::LOL:

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Just dropped the Jeep off, apparently mine is the first one to have the new steering box at my dealers:) Picking up next Monday.

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Hi guys,

Got the car back today!! My god, what a difference, unreal. I drove down the M1 and the car tracked true and straight like a train on rails, it was bliss :):) There is 0 steering slop in the steering centre, its a much more balanced, predictable feel. I cant understand why Jeep took so long to fix this issue, but thankfully they did!

Dinks66

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
offshore oil worker
Hi guys,

Got the car back today!! My god, what a difference, unreal. I drove down the M1 and the car tracked true and straight like a train on rails, it was bliss :):) There is 0 steering slop in the steering centre, its a much more balanced, predictable feel. I cant understand why Jeep took so long to fix this issue, but thankfully they did!

Hi,
have you got the TSB number yet for the UK. Mine is due to go in for it's service in a few weeks and I was going to ask them about it while it is being serviced with a view to getting it done later in the year when parts become available. Mine isn't too bad at the moment(could be better though) but I would rather have the upgraded box for piece of mind. Glad yours is sorted.

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Hi,
have you got the TSB number yet for the UK. Mine is due to go in for it's service in a few weeks and I was going to ask them about it while it is being serviced with a view to getting it done later in the year when parts become available. Mine isn't too bad at the moment(could be better though) but I would rather have the upgraded box for piece of mind. Glad yours is sorted.
Sorry I dont have the UK TSB number, only the one titled on this thread TSB 08-074-20
On page 3 or 4 of this thread someone has pasted in the part numbers relating to RHD Jeep JLs.
If you mention Jeep wandering, the dealer should quickly find the TSB.
For anyone buying a 2021 model and wanting to know if it has the new steel box, you can poke inside the front top wheel arch drivers side. If the steering box is black you will have the new one, if silver/aluminium colour the older dodgy one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
GREAT NEWS!

mine is booked in next week, my dealer is being the usual PIA.

on the long list of snags one is the leak in the centre of the roof, they have insisted I remove the silicone in the roof edge gutter's before they will look at the leak that's in the centre of the two panels! :clap:

I said I would but please add this to the list of fixes then!

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
GREAT NEWS!

mine is booked in next week, my dealer is being the usual PIA.

on the long list of snags one is the leak in the centre of the roof, they have insisted I remove the silicone in the roof edge gutter's before they will look at the leak that's in the centre of the two panels! :clap:

I said I would but please add this to the list of fixes then!
Good stuff, you will be able to change the radio station without veering onto the other side of the road soon :)

Worth checking that they will do a full wheel alignment after fitting the steering box. The latest TSB suggest this apparently, whereas the earlier ones didn't mention it.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Good stuff, you will be able to change the radio station without veering onto the other side of the road soon :)

Worth checking that they will do a full wheel alignment after fitting the steering box. The latest TSB suggest this apparently, whereas the earlier ones didn't mention it.
my ever helpful dealer says they wont do a 4 wheel alignment and the TSB does not recommend this!

any help?

jr-323i

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 3door
Brand new steering box, its absolutely essential the geometry is reset with an alignment to the new box. That costs all of 75-100 pounds and they have to do off site, hence the reason they dont want to do it.
Just call Jeep Care to authorise.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Brand new steering box, its absolutely essential the geometry is reset with an alignment to the new box. That costs all of 75-100 pounds and they have to do off site, hence the reason they dont want to do it.
Just call Jeep Care to authorise.
if it’s not on the TSB they won’t do it, seem to be deliberately awkward / unhelpful :mad:
Sponsored