Sponsored

Anybody ever had a full size bumper (Large Jeep Parts) shipped to them?

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I'm asking becasue Purolator Canada has had my bumper for 9 days now - They picked it up from the seller (It's new in a box) on a Friday October 23

My original scheduled delivery date was Monday October 26th... Nothing.

2 days later it said it was transferred to an authorized agent (wtf?)... Then nothing...

Nothing until I called at the end of the week and started a trace on why it wasn't moving - when it originally was just 30km from my house. Now it's about 15km.

Then they emailed me and they are saying they cannot deliver it becasue it is oversize - and I just have to wait and they will contact me when they have an update.

Just wondering if others have had issues getting these oversize things delivered.
Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Ups brought my jlurs metal cloak rails straight away. The box was pretty tore up but everything was there and unhurt. They were dang heavy and big.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I had a rugged ridge spartan shipped UPS by Quadratec with no delivery issues at all. It was a good size box and not light.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I had an ARB Bullbar delivered to my front door. No problems

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No problems with UPS delivering my LOD rock sliders or 5x 38x13.50 tires. The driver's were both thankful that I was both home and willing to help unload them.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

ive used UPS and FedEx to deliver both front and rear bumpers, my evo bottom skids and my smittybuilt rock step/sliders with out any issue. i do try to be home to help the drivers unload if need. my smittybuilt sliders can in a box truck from ups instead of the normal box truck. two dudes unloaded and set it next to my jeep. saved me from having to move it around

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had UPS deliver me a bumper from Quadratec...I hadn’t even ordered...! Does that count...? :CWL:

I noticed cross-border shipping is pretty screwed up because of COVID. But that is not even the excuse in your case.

Hope you get it resolved.

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Northridge sent my Rockslide steps. Arrived in perfect condition took less than a week via truck

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Plenty of problems with large item delivery here, and I’m in the US. But, my local UPS hub seems to have issues. Lost, delayed, damaged, you name it. What I’ve found is that when they’re overwhelmed with packages, they leave the large packages behind so they can deliver more, smaller packages. Once they get caught up and have extra room on the truck, they’ll throw the large item in and deliver it.

OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

So. I had heard nothing proactive from Purolator.

I contacted Customer Care by email a few days ago - they said since there's a trace I just have to wait now.

I contacted the Trace guy again (he said if I had questions to email him) and no response for 3 days.

So I'm here this morning and I'm like: this isn't acceptable.

I email the President and CEO of Purolator.

Within 30 minutes, I just received a call from a very nice fellow at Corporate Relations who says he's in receipt of the email I sent to the CEO - and he is personally taking this over and will be communicating with the local management and operations teams at the Richmond Terminal to request not only my item is delivered promptly, but I am contacted with this information.

Actually - while typing this he just sent me an email with all that information, and that Corporate Relations is working on this for me.

So.

While I don't have my bumper yet - I'm feeling better about this :)

OH AND I just got a phone call saying my bumper will be delivered in the next 30 - 60 minutes :)

Reactions: zyt
OP
OP
McGilli

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Within 5 minutes of my last post the delivery truck pulled up with the bumper.

I went out, helped the fellow and it's here!

Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody ever had a full size bumper (Large Jeep Parts) shipped to them? IMG_9181
Sponsored