Sponsored

Anybody bent their headrests backward to be more comfortable?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I dont like how far forward the front and rear headrests lean and want to bend them back about an inch. I know the front headrests pull out and rear are connected. Has anybody figured out a way to do this?
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I dont like how far forward the front and rear headrests lean and want to bend them back about an inch. I know the front headrests pull out and rear are connected. Has anybody figured out a way to do this?
You can completely remove and reverse the front head rests. Way more comfortable that way. However, doing this could probably mess with the original safety intensions of the angle.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
This is awesome . Honestly the whole seat pan needs to be angled up 4 degrees too. Its astonishing how they didnt put a provision for that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Put it in a vise and bend close to the cushion and poss so you dont lose the height adjustibility.
Thought of that...want to be careful to not scratch the metal. May wrap the post in duct tape to protect it.

The rear headrests are awful for car seats...with the upright non reclining rear seats, the car seats is up against the headrest keeping the lumbar portion of the car seat off the seat by a good bit.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Not at all dude it bothers my neck and the forward angle is kind of perplexing.
It is a head restraint. Its purpose is to prevent neck injuries in a collision. The angle/engineering/design minimizes a potential neck injury.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It is a head restraint. Its purpose is to prevent neck injuries in a collision. The angle/engineering/design minimizes a potential neck injury.
We have a 2016 honda odyssey van and neither of the headrests are pushed as far forward as the jl or as uncomfortable. I would think Honda did alot of safety testing.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes, it's a safety feature. Ford was the first that I saw do it back in 2004. Since then a lot of automakers are doing this on 4x4s. Neck injuries suck.

And no, I don't trust what Honda does. Honda makes excellent lawn mowers.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The KJ headrests can sort of fit in the JL seats. The KJ headrest rods are a little narrower and the ratcheting mechanism won’t work if inserted. But they can be inserted and pushed all the way down. I ended up going back to the JL headrests because the KJ headrests weren’t a perfect fit.
Sponsored