any1 run Hefty Fabworks bumpers?

AMC_CJ

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Curious
Just came across Hefty Fabworks on a local 4x4 facebook group, and their front bumper does fit the needs I'm looking for (stubby, recessed winch, mid height bull bar). Would be a bonus to buy from a local fabricator, but the trying to find some unbiased reviews.
Sponsored

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I just installed their front bumper with hoop. I have the rear but haven't gotten to it yet. I think the build quality is excellent and they have great customer service. I would buy it again.

Jeep Wrangler JL any1 run Hefty Fabworks bumpers? 7D73CA33-B025-4F89-8E33-A2B473EE7B5E_1_105_c

Jeep Wrangler JL any1 run Hefty Fabworks bumpers? E2231004-3544-4B09-886D-EFECAE38E9DD_1_105_c

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044-3.jpg

Last edited:

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
In my opinion one of the nicest and most functional looking bumpers available.

Giedrius

First Name
Giedrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha WR250R
I wonder if it works with flipped up swaybar motor without cutting anything?

I just installed their front bumper with hoop. I have the rear but haven't gotten to it yet. I think the build quality is excellent and they have great customer service. I would buy it again.

Jeep Wrangler JL any1 run Hefty Fabworks bumpers? IMG_1044-3

Jeep Wrangler JL any1 run Hefty Fabworks bumpers? IMG_1044-3

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044-3.jpg

Sponsored

Giedrius

First Name
Giedrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha WR250R
Oh, that sucks. It seemed like a perfect lightweight bumper.

No I does not. I was hoping for the same thing but it will not work. I ended up buying the lower skid plate as well.

Giedrius

First Name
Giedrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha WR250R
I wonder how much and where the flipped motor interferes with the bumper? I've read about the same issue with Genright ultra clearance bumper which can be resolved by cutting the winch tray in a couple of places, and the bumper fits and the swaybar motor doesn't interfere with the winch. I really want to make this bumper work and wonder if something like that can be done with it as well. Maybe you could measure how far the winch tray extends from the end of the frame rails towards the swaybar and take a few pics of it? I'd really appreciate it.

No I does not. I was hoping for the same thing but it will not work. I ended up buying the lower skid plate as well.

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I wonder how much and where the flipped motor interferes with the bumper? I've read about the same issue with Genright ultra clearance bumper which can be resolved by cutting the winch tray in a couple of places, and the bumper fits and the swaybar motor doesn't interfere with the winch. I really want to make this bumper work and wonder if something like that can be done with it as well. Maybe you could measure how far the winch tray extends from the end of the frame rails towards the swaybar and take a few pics of it? I'd really appreciate it.
I took a photo of the bumper from underneath after removing the lower skid plate. You can clearly see that the motor where the harness plugs in would require some moderate trimming to allow for a rotation. The issue is it would totally compromise the built in winch tray as you can see it rotates directly in the center of the winch tray. If you notch the tray, I wouldn’t run a winch because it would be compromised. I chose to run the lower skid plate and keep my winch. For what it’s worth I have taken this Jeep through a variety of terrain and it has been a great bumper. I would definitely buy it again.

IMG_3798.jpeg

Giedrius

First Name
Giedrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha WR250R
Yeah, it looks tight and I wouldn't cut through that lip on the winch tray. If they moved the tray just a little bit forward like EVO quarter pounder, that would be perfect. Anyway, thanks a lot for taking time to help!

I took a photo of the bumper from underneath after removing the lower skid plate. You can clearly see that the motor where the harness plugs in would require some moderate trimming to allow for a rotation. The issue is it would totally compromise the built in winch tray as you can see it rotates directly in the center of the winch tray. If you notch the tray, I wouldn’t run a winch because it would be compromised. I chose to run the lower skid plate and keep my winch. For what it’s worth I have taken this Jeep through a variety of terrain and it has been a great bumper. I would definitely buy it again.

IMG_3798.jpeg
Sponsored