Any youtube vids of -FULL- softtop removal

RadicalMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKUR 2018 JLU Sahara
I've searched but can't seem to find any videos.
I'm talking about taking the soft top off in full, not just putting it down.
I love how simple it is to put down but I really love to ride around doors and top 100% off on nice sunny days.

Does anyone have a video showing how hard it is?
Frame removal and all

thanks in advance
Sponsored

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if there's a video, but I can tell you how.

Pull out all of your windows and put it down like you normally would. Remove the piece on each side that slides along the tracks on the door surrounds - there's a spring loaded lever to do this above/behind the passenger rear windows. You just pull the spring loaded lever and guide the roller on the end of the bar down and out of the track.

At that point there are just two bolts holding it on on either side of the Jeep. These bolts are on the steel plates where the pivot point bolts. They're the only two bolts visible there. Pop those four bolts out, and the only thing keeping each side of the soft top in the bracket will be a little pin on top that sits in a slot on the steel bracket.

Hit the assembly with your hand firmly from the bottom to pop the rotating assembly off of the bracket, and lift the whole thing out.

Doctiger1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Wrangler Sahara jlu. 2014 Cadillac CTS
I don't know if there's a video, but I can tell you how.

Pull out all of your windows and put it down like you normally would. Remove the piece on each side that slides along the tracks on the door surrounds - there's a spring loaded lever to do this above/behind the passenger rear windows. You just pull the spring loaded lever and guide the roller on the end of the bar down and out of the track.

At that point there are just two bolts holding it on on either side of the Jeep. These bolts are on the steel plates where the pivot point bolts. They're the only two bolts visible there. Pop those four bolts out, and the only thing keeping each side of the soft top in the bracket will be a little pin on top that sits in a slot on the steel bracket.

Hit the assembly with your hand firmly from the bottom to pop the rotating assembly off of the bracket, and lift the whole thing out.