Sponsored

Any word about half doors being offered on JL?

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Any word if the half door option is dead?
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I haven't heard it's dead, but they kept the folding windshield so I bet they'll keep half doors as well.

JBlackoutK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
I forgot where i read this but there were some hints by FCA that the half doors from the Switchback concept will be offered on the JL.

Jeep-Switchback-and-Safari-concept-103.jpg

Shumx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Those are cool but I'm hoping for regular half doors as well. I think there's still hope, the leaked options did not look like a complete list by any means.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I really hope half doors are still going to be offered. That is the only way I'm buying another Jeep. My 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon is half doors (and I'm in the North East) and if I ever get a replacement it's going to have to be half doors. With all the hype about discounts on 2017 JKs I searched inventories and was really disappointed to realize that there are no JK half doors in dealerships these days (at least in the North East)... they were not so popular in 2008 when I was in the market but you could find them. I sure hope the JLs are offered with half doors. The new look of the JL kind of mimics the half doors look for the full doors so people must have liked the half doors look but still wanted full doors. It would be super awesome if the pickup version is offered with half doors as well. I have a bad feeling the half doors will no be revealed as soon as the full doors for some reason, but I hope they do.

Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I really hope half doors are still going to be offered. That is the only way I'm buying another Jeep. My 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon is half doors (and I'm in the North East) and if I ever get a replacement it's going to have to be half doors. With all the hype about discounts on 2017 JKs I searched inventories and was really disappointed to realize that there are no JK half doors in dealerships these days (at least in the North East)... they were not so popular in 2008 when I was in the market but you could find them. I sure hope the JLs are offered with half doors. The new look of the JL kind of mimics the half doors look for the full doors so people must have liked the half doors look but still wanted full doors. It would be super awesome if the pickup version is offered with half doors as well. I have a bad feeling the half doors will no be revealed as soon as the full doors for some reason, but I hope they do.
Jeep will definitely $0 option half doors. If not, the aftermarket will provide.

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep will definitely $0 option half doors. If not, the aftermarket will provide.

Rise! From the grave.

Where are my half doors?!?!??!?

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Rise! From the grave.

Where are my half doors?!?!??!?
I too want OEM half doors on my JL, hopeful that in year 2 things settle down with production and Mopar comes through.

custmfxwg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I too want OEM half doors on my JL, hopeful that in year 2 things settle down with production and Mopar comes through.
And I'll throw my name in the hat too. Would like to have the option, either regular half doors or those from the Switchback concept.

G.off303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 YJ, 19 JL Sport S
Talked to parts department at dealership. Told me they don’t have any solid info yet, but expect them to be available in the 2nd quarter (April). Believe they’ll be priced around $1000-1200 for front doors based on want was charged for JK half doors. Didn’t ask about 4 doors since I have 2 door model. But in the long run nothing is set in stone

Sponsored

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Hopefully there are people who would want to buy my full doors once the half doors come out! Or hopefully there's a trade in program

KnowBetter

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tundra
Odd that this is my first post...

I will not purchase a new JL (or order one since I want a manual 2 door Rubicon and they seem to be unicorns amongst automatic minivans) until I can get half doors. I know this and other things make me not FCAs primary concern. I just really want a Jeep.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
If you can't wait until the OEM doors hit the market, buy a set from JCR and have them painted like I did. I went with the rear doors only as I like the truck look. I'm super pleased with how they came out. Now if the weather will only warm up......

Door2.jpg

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Wasn't there half doors in the original 2019 Canadian order sheets? I don't think they materialized. Last I heard is that Mopar abandoned the port holes in the doors for solid ones. I personally like the solid ones better. I also believe the door handles will be at the same elevation for a better appearance.