Sponsored

Any word about half doors being offered on JL?

Yeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
If you can't wait until the OEM doors hit the market, buy a set from JCR and have them painted like I did. I went with the rear doors only as I like the truck look. I'm super pleased with how they came out. Now if the weather will only warm up......

Door2.jpg

That's awesome! Did you get the black, or the bare metal option? Seems like the bare metal would be easier to paint?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you can't wait until the OEM doors hit the market, buy a set from JCR and have them painted like I did. I went with the rear doors only as I like the truck look. I'm super pleased with how they came out. Now if the weather will only warm up......

Door2.jpg
They look great, but it kind of bothers me that the body line on the full doors and half doors don’t line up.

Sucker Punch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU (totaled), 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retrofit Offroad
I will be one of the first to order the Mopar half doors when they become available! If they have the same plastic windows as all the previous model wranglers I plan on making glass sliders for the half door uppers like on the JK model. I can't wait to get my hands on the factory half doors! :) I miss my 2014 JKUR with half doors that was totaled in an accident recently.
50523364_2066232347012610_1217764395401084928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fbna2-1.jpg

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
They look great, but it kind of bothers me that the body line on the full doors and half doors don’t line up.
Yeah, that seems like a major oversight. They don’t line up at all! I’d love to have some half-doors...

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm curious to see what an upper window might look like, they did move away from zippers for the top so hopefully the halfsies come with something new or a slider! I've got a bit saved up and ready to buy lol.

Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
That's awesome! Did you get the black, or the bare metal option? Seems like the bare metal would be easier to paint?
Thanks. I got the bare metal and took them to MAACO to get painted and they factory matched the paint and it looks perfect.

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
If factory half doors aren't available now its not happening. Killed off, yet lets have a folding windshield that everyone "might" lower once until they catch a rock in the teeth...lol.
If you ever had factory half doors which I had on my YJ and TJ they make a Jeep look like a Jeep. Yes I know plenty of aftermarket ones, but I prefer factory.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon

Door2.jpg
Hey, that's the exact same idea I had. Like you, I was also thinking about the rear doors only. In fact I tried some photo editing to see how it may look.

half door seats down.jpg

Thanks. I got the bare metal and took them to MAACO to get painted and they factory matched the paint and it looks perfect.
How much did MAACO charge to paint those?

PS.
If any of you end up with aftermarket doors and are looking to unload you stock rear doors I'll take them off your hands (assuming a reasonable price of course). I'd really like to get some stock rear doors, and chop the tops to make custom half doors. I've got experience with such projects so I'm not concerned with refinishing the metal/plastic edge along the newly created top of the door.
I've got plans for this, but don't want to spend a too much in case it doesn't work out. I've been stalking the local scrap yards, but so far no luck.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Hey, that's the exact same idea I had. Like you, I was also thinking about the rear doors only. In fact I tried some photo editing to see how it may look.

half door seats down.jpg

How much did MAACO charge to paint those?

PS.
If any of you end up with aftermarket doors and are looking to unload you stock rear doors I'll take them off your hands (assuming a reasonable price of course). I'd really like to get some stock rear doors, and chop the tops to make custom half doors. I've got experience with such projects so I'm not concerned with refinishing the metal/plastic edge along the newly created top of the door.
I've got plans for this, but don't want to spend a too much in case it doesn't work out. I've been stalking the local scrap yards, but so far no luck.
Love the look. I'm putting on my new Trextop NX this weekend with the warm weather scheduled on Sunday. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

MAACO was $400, both 1/2 doors, both sides. I had the hinges off and they painted them separately.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Excellent. So $500 for the doors, and $400 to paint. Not too bad. If I can't source some donor doors, I may have to go that route. Looking forward to seeing more photos of yours. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that would look good. Great job making it a reality. :like:

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Since the gladiator uses the same doors as the JL, it really increases the market for a half door.

I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Last edited:

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
If factory half doors aren't available now its not happening. Killed off, yet lets have a folding windshield that everyone "might" lower once until they catch a rock in the teeth...lol.
If you ever had factory half doors which I had on my YJ and TJ they make a Jeep look like a Jeep. Yes I know plenty of aftermarket ones, but I prefer factory.

Which is cheaper? A new windshield or a new tooth? You should have around 32 teeth. Priorities!
Sponsored