Any way to temporarily disable ABS?

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is there any way any way to disable ABS on JL? I have a clicking/grinding noise and I want to try to eliminate the ABS. I’ve looked in fuse box and nothing is labeled abs, I pulled relay and fuse for “brake vac pmp” but that just disabled ESC, abs light warning light didn’t come on. I tried pulling the connector from the ABS control module, but the vehicle wouldn’t start like that. Was thinking of trying to pull one of the wheel sensor connectors. But they don’t seem to have connectors any more on the wheel side at least. Plus I’ve read that a bad wheel sensor disables 4wd, and I need to do some testing in 4wd.
I don’t have a tazer, which says it can disable ABS.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any way any way to disable ABS on JL? I have a clicking/grinding noise and I want to try to eliminate the ABS. I’ve looked in fuse box and nothing is labeled abs, I pulled relay and fuse for “brake vac pmp” but that just disabled ESC, abs light warning light didn’t come on. I tried pulling the connector from the ABS control module, but the vehicle wouldn’t start like that. Was thinking of trying to pull one of the wheel sensor connectors. But they don’t seem to have connectors any more on the wheel side at least. Plus I’ve read that a bad wheel sensor disables 4wd, and I need to do some testing in 4wd.
I don’t have a tazer, which says it can disable ABS.
Not much help, but wanted to confirm the Tazers "trac kill" feature.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
Find the ABS fuse and pull it. The ABS light should illuminate on the dash. The ABS light notification advises you it is not function.

OP
OP
RangerRobAZ

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Find the ABS fuse and pull it. The ABS light should illuminate on the dash. The ABS light notification advises you it is not function.
yeah, that has been a common way in the past. However, as I noted there is nothing in the fuse box labeled ABS.

OP
OP
RangerRobAZ

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
To somewhat answer my own post, I was able to disconnect the front driver side ABS sensor connector. It isn’t too hard to get a hold of from underneath, but the locking mechanism seems impossible to detach. It must not have been fully seated when I first push back on the red locking slider, because it went right back. When I reconnected it, however, and tried again to push the lock tab back, it would not budge. I got a picture showing another piece of plastic seems to be now holding the red lock tab in place.

with the sensor disconnected, ABS and other “features” were indeed disabled when I turned the Jeep on. However the 4wd also was disabled. Guess I’ll have to give up on testing this out myself before I can drive many hours to the nearest dealer.

20190928_153442208_iOS.jpg

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
To somewhat answer my own post, I was able to disconnect the front driver side ABS sensor connector. It isn’t too hard to get a hold of from underneath, but the locking mechanism seems impossible to detach. It must not have been fully seated when I first push back on the red locking slider, because it went right back. When I reconnected it, however, and tried again to push the lock tab back, it would not budge. I got a picture showing another piece of plastic seems to be now holding the red lock tab in place.

with the sensor disconnected, ABS and other “features” were indeed disabled when I turned the Jeep on. However the 4wd also was disabled. Guess I’ll have to give up on testing this out myself before I can drive many hours to the nearest dealer.

20190928_153442208_iOS.jpg
I took my Jeep to a Dodge Dealer and was told that even though they are not the Jeep dealer, (that was right next door not owned by them) they can do all warranty work on anything FCA. The service work was exceptional.
Sponsored