Sponsored

Any way to tell when the BSG system is active?

HoosierUte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Intellectual Property
I was hoping there would be a display or something showing when the eTorque was kicking in.
Sponsored

grs

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I was wondering the same and also it would be nice to have indication of 48v battery charge. Does anyone know if e-Torque works in extremely low temperatures?

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
This might make a good idea to place in Tazer JL Mini's suggestion inbox at Z Automotive. There's, at least, the potential of adding a selectable for the center dash readout, similar to what they did with their turbo vacuum/boost screen.

UPDATE: Feature request submitted to Z Automotive for a future Tazer JL Mini software update.

FEATURE REQUEST SUBMITTED AS FOLLOWS:
WHAT: eTorque Assist. Similar to the Vacuum/Boost screen for the 4-cyl 2.0L Turbo Jeep JL, this feature would be an indicator that shows when the eTorque (electric motor) assist is active.

WHY: Jeep owners with eTorque are going to find this VERY USEFUL! They've been asking for this feature so many times (outside of Tazer JL discussions). As it stands now, Jeep owners have no idea when/if eTorque is active and assisting or not (other than human observation). Even a simple ON/OFF readout would be an incredibly welcome step-up from what they have now (which is nothing at all).

BONUS: If there's some analog value which can display the level of activity (output or input) provided by the eTorque motor. Or if eTorque assist is disabled / not-ready.

SUMMARY: Listen, my Jeep Wrangler doesn't even have eTorque, but I thought that this was such an excellent hole to be filled by the Tazer JL Mini that I couldn't help but to offer this as a suggestion. Yes, it's a bit of a niche, but because it is such a great fit for the Tazer JL Mini's capabilities, it'd be almost criminal not to!
Sponsored

Last edited: