Sponsored

Any way to disable the weather alerts?

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
One of my biggest annoyances with the 8.4" Alpine system is that I get weather and air quality alerts popping up for counties over a hundred miles away. They're not even for places on my daily commute nor places where I've previously driven in my Jeep. Is there any way to disable them or at least, make them more relevant to the area I'm actually in?
Ditto. I'm getting alerts for Maryland and Delaware when I'm driving in Pennsylvania. If you go into the Travelink alerts, you can have it "recenter on vehicle". Not sure if that does anything though.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Has anybody figured a way to disable the weather alerts? Iā€™m getting about five or six a day and man are they frustrating

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I would even be happy if it worked like my 2015 Cherokee where the alert goes away after a bit without having to click the button on screen. It's like they went out of their way to make this as annoying as possible.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
No, did not work. Figured as much.
Has anybody figured a way to disable the weather alerts? Iā€™m getting about five or six a day and man are they frustrating
Would love an answer to this also... maybe @JeepCares can help?
I would even be happy if it worked like my 2015 Cherokee where the alert goes away after a bit without having to click the button on screen. It's like they went out of their way to make this a annoying as possible.
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern with Weather Alerts. This is a feature with Siriusxm Travel Link. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable this features.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
AnebuR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern with Weather Alerts. This is a feature with Siriusxm Travel Link. Unfortunately, there is no way to disable this features.

Alison
JeepCares
While there's no way to disable the alerts through Travel Link either (without cancelling the service), the UConnect software is FCA's responsibility. The developers could add that option if only FCA cared enough about owners to make the change. I've mentioned this before: having the entire screen obscured by a popup is dangerous, especially while using navigation. The popup will remain until the user takes their eyes off the road to click on a small button. This is a clear safety hazard that will inevitably result in accidents and possibly death.

lilshiraz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon, E30
^ I agree with you that Jeep should give us the option but I also called in and sent an email to SiriusXM to have them give us the option

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
These stupid weather alerts are driving me bonkers! Constant weather alerts for counties hundreds of miles away. Worst part is the warning wonā€™t just go away; it blocks the entire screen until you hit OK; time after time. What a POS software design.

From what Iā€™ve been able to gather, Travel Link can only be disabled using a Tazer programmer ā€”and perhaps with a dealer flash. Yes, this step removes the entire Travel Link app, but thatā€™s no big loss. I never use the damn thing. In fact, I donā€™t even listen to XM. I have Pandora, and just signed up for Amazon Prime.

I canā€™t wait for Sirius XM to go bankrupt and stop trying to sell us useless cr*p.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I hate this feature so much. The worst part about it is it's not a nag screen that shows up when you turn your Jeep on. It's a nag screen that comes up and takes the entire screen up once you're driving! That's a stupid dangerous nuisance.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi,

Alison
JeepCares
There is. Have your software team make a fix and push it out.

Just like the marketplace one.

I am not buying a new jeep to fix this stupid, poorly thought out software.

lilshiraz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon, E30
Call into SiriusXM and complain its the only way our voices will be heard. I have done it a couple times so far but with more people it's more likely to be changed.

1-866-635-5027

OP
OP
AnebuR

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Call into SiriusXM and complain its the only way our voices will be heard. I have done it a couple times so far but with more people it's more likely to be changed.

1-866-635-5027
I think we'd get a faster response if we all open an NHTSA case against SiriusXM: https://www.nhtsa.gov/
Sponsored