Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if snipping the sensor wire that lets the "brain" know if the seat belt is fastened or not. I always use my seatbelt, so I"m not worried about forgetting to put it on. The trailer thing is very very aggravating. Just because one guy killed himself by pinning himself against a gate, the other million of us get to have to compensate. Kind of like that idiot shoe bomber, now millions of us have to take off our shoes at the airport..
Just to point this out, the recall over the original 8 speed gear selector in the Grand Cherokee was put out before Anton was killed, and not as a result of that incident. It was the first attempt at these newfangled joystick type gear selectors that aren't as intuitive as the PRND selectors that have been reverted back to. People were screwing the process up because you almost have to go to school to work the damn things, and wound up in dangerous situations, thus the recall.

Unfortunately Auto-park, which really shouldn't be that much of a hassle, remained despite the use of a more traditional gear selector in the Wrangler.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Never been a problem for me. Guess some of us have better footwork than others ;)
I tried the foot thing on the brake, and it made me realize that I’m a half ass guy, I apparently only get in far enough to to put right foot on brake to shift into gear, left half of ass and leg hang out side, lol, so I guess I’ll keep using clip :)

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
Well, I tested with an inexpensive, Seat Belt Clip today, and it indeed disables Auto Park when it is inserted into the driver's side buckle.

Cost was $1.49 for two of them with free shipping to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113391942382
SB-Clip.jpg

sb-clip.jpg
sb-clip.jpg
Our past differences aside, why do you use these as opposed to enabling AP Kill on Tazer?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@VGxHC

Well, unfortunately, disable Auto Park via the Tazer JL does not work on the major majority of JL's.

Disable Auto Park did work for some a ways back but then a Cruise Control update (TSB) ruined it for those JL owner's.

Joe, at ZAutomotive has worked and worked to try to make disable auto park a reality, again.... but last he told me (recently) was that he does not believe he can accomplish same.

The last Tazer JL firmware final release, touted disable auto park as a feature but in future final firmware releases I do not expect to see disable auto park listed as a feature.

When disable auto park was possible, it was listed, but again, thanks mainly to the Cruise Control update, disable auto park it seems is not possible.

So, to disable auto park, you can... disconnect the driver's side door harness, buckle the driver's side seat belt either in front of or behind you, or you can use a plastic or metal clip inserted into the driver's side belt buckle as shown in the pic below.

SB-Clip.jpg

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
@VGxHC

Well, unfortunately, disable Auto Park via the Tazer JL does not work on the major majority of JL's.

Disable Auto Park did work for some a ways back but then a Cruise Control update (TSB) ruined it for those JL owner's.

Joe, at ZAutomotive has worked and worked to try to make disable auto park a reality, again.... but last he told me (recently) was that he does not believe he can accomplish same.

The last Tazer JL firmware final release, touted disable auto park as a feature but in future final firmware releases I do not expect to see disable auto park listed as a feature.

When disable auto park was possible, it was listed, but again, thanks mainly to the Cruise Control update, disable auto park it seems is not possible.

So, to disable auto park, you can... disconnect the driver's side door harness, buckle the driver's side seat belt either in front of or behind you, or you can use a plastic or metal clip inserted into the driver's side belt buckle as shown in the pic below.

SB-Clip.jpg
Interesting, the AP Kill on Tazer Mini works on my 19 JL.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting, the AP Kill on Tazer Mini works on my 19 JL.
@VGxHC

Yes, disable auto park, works for some and not for others.

So, with disable auto park, you are able to have your driver's side door open..... and with your driver's side seat belt not fastened ... you can drive forward or backwards for say 30 or so feet .... and auto park does not bring the JL to a sudden abrupt stop.. ?

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
@VGxHC

Yes, disable auto park, works for some and not for others.

So, with disable auto park, you are able to have your driver's side door open..... and with your driver's side seat belt not fastened ... you can drive forward or backwards for say 30 or so feet .... and auto park does not bring the JL to a sudden abrupt stop.. ?
Correct, this is a feature I use at work frequently while driving 300+ feet at a time with the door open and seatbelt undone (private property).

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
With all the things programmers can do these days, I'm still shocked that they can't disable AutoPark. It can't be that much more complicated than any of the other laundry list of settings that can be changed.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
What a PIA. I tried tensioning my new winch line today by myself. Got on a slight incline, hooked the line up to a big tree and got out to try to winch the jeep to the tree. Guess what? Nanny feature got me. Guess I need two people to do this.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jondrew

Two for $1.49 . What a deal 8-) and yes, the belt clip will save the day so to speak for you.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ordering those. This “safety” feature appears to make it impossible to do a recovery if you are alone unless you sit inside the jeep while winching.
True, but you could also just buckle the belt without you in the Jeep then it won’t shift from neutral to park on its own. With that said, I bought a pair of these on eBay myself to have for the occasional car wash.

Question: would auto park be defeated if you left it in park, but put the transfer case in neutral?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.49 when I bought them. Now 3.49. Quick inflation.
@IronScott

Unfortunately, when some vendors see demand up, they friggin increase price. 8-(

Still at $3.49 or even $4.00 for two is is an aok price to pay. The particular vendor is in the USA and ships fast. You will receive item with a few days.

If you go with most other's there selling that same belt clip, the item is coming out of China and will take up to a month for you to get.

Sponsored