Any updates on new head unit releases?

Scott_S

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
So, with the exception of the cheap android head units (Seicane, etc.), it seems that we're still waiting on release on the announced head units that will (or might) work for the JL.

Kenwood's forthcoming DMX7706S and DMX706S will probably work in the JL, but while they've been mentioned in press releases, there's nothing on their website about them, so I have no idea when they'll be released.

Alpine has announced a JL version of the i209-WRA, but with the shipping delays, I have no idea when it will be available either (and, as with Kenwood, it's not even mentioned on their website)

Insane Audio has also announced a JL head unit -- this one for "first quarter of 2019", but no information on an actual release.

I realize that several companies are having delays related to touchscreen availability, but has anyone seen or heard anything to indicate whether these will be available some time this summer?
Sponsored

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don't know when the Kenwoods will get released, but I found a video of a dealer in Canada that already has a DMX7706S. He does a quick overview of it and you can see the short chassis. Also, Stinger is coming out with their Elev8, which is going to have a custom mounting enclosure for the JL instead of being a floating design. The Stinger won't be out until the end of the year but it will only be $699.

Stinger Elev8:
https://stingerelectronics.com/catalog/multimedia/un1880

JLsport2019

I don't know when the Kenwoods will get released, but I found a video of a dealer in Canada that already has a DMX7706S. He does a quick overview of it and you can see the short chassis. Also, Stinger is coming out with their Elev8, which is going to have a custom mounting enclosure for the JL instead of being a floating design. The Stinger won't be out until the end of the year but it will only be $699.

Stinger Elev8:
https://stingerelectronics.com/catalog/multimedia/un1880

Will that fit a 2019 JL 2-door SPORT?

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Will that fit a 2019 JL 2-door SPORT?
From what I have read the DMX706s and the DMX7706s only require a mounting depth of 3 inches, so yes they should fit. The heat ducting for the dash vents run behind the stereo and are the limiting factor on all models. I don't think anyone has released a dash kit for the JL yet.
Sponsored