Any trails open right now?

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
I looked at Hidden Falls and Bridgeport OHV parks, but they are both closed.

Is anybody still wheeling in the DFW area?
Sponsored

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Hidden Falls opens this weekend for Members only. No camping. No non-member day use.
They have info on their website.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I’m hoping to go to HF for a day trip soon. Want to run the Rubicon on some mild stuff. Been a long time since I’ve been out there.

OP
OP

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
Hidden Falls opens this weekend for Members only. No camping. No non-member day use.
They have info on their website.
I hadn't seen that, I'll see about maybe making the drive. Can I still register? Nope. Just checked:
  • Available for current MEMBERS ONLY. You may renew or upgrade your membership at check in or by calling the park office starting Friday at 9am.
Guess I'll have to wait. :(

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
I hadn't seen that, I'll see about maybe making the drive. Can I still register? Nope. Just checked:
  • Available for current MEMBERS ONLY. You may renew or upgrade your membership at check in or by calling the park office starting Friday at 9am.
Guess I'll have to wait. :(
You can't buy a membership online. I was thinking about calling them Saturday morning and asking if they are selling new memberships online despite what the site says. I think once you are a member, you have an electronic keycard to simply go in and out without transacting in person.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
I've been wanting to check this out.
Love that place. Favorite place to wheel. Only plus side for HF is all the amenities.

Anything from mild to wild...always did the crazier stuff out there. Be nice to get out there to do the mild/moderate stuff.

FE51C6C4-0283-4B74-8774-FDD4C423D176.jpeg

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Not sure. I read thru their website real quick. I guess they have to make sure how many people they have on site.

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
I prefer the big sticky granite to the loose stuff found around HF. The amount of challenging trails and changing terrain is great. It’s in the middle of nowhere. I used to love to go to that area before just to get some hard 8s bbq but have since closed. I felt I did the HF hard trails in a day (minus Stonehenge). I think I’ve done a 1/3 of the WC trails and been there several times. Maybe HF has easier trails that would take more than a day to do.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I prefer the big sticky granite to the loose stuff found around HF. The amount of challenging trails and changing terrain is great. It’s in the middle of nowhere. I used to love to go to that area before just to get some hard 8s bbq but have since closed. I felt I did the HF hard trails in a day (minus Stonehenge). I think I’ve done a 1/3 of the WC trails and been there several times. Maybe HF has easier trails that would take more than a day to do.
Thanks.

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
You can't buy a membership online. I was thinking about calling them Saturday morning and asking if they are selling new memberships online despite what the site says. I think once you are a member, you have an electronic keycard to simply go in and out without transacting in person.
I just confirmed Hidden Falls is not selling new memberships at this time. :(

I never thought I'd want to "rock crawl", as I'm more looking forward to Overland travel and exploration, but my JLUR still has brand new shoes and I'd like to scuff them up and get them dirty.

I may have to check into WC.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just confirmed Hidden Falls is not selling new memberships at this time. :(

I never thought I'd want to "rock crawl", as I'm more looking forward to Overland travel and exploration, but my JLUR still has brand new shoes and I'd like to scuff them up and get them dirty.

I may have to check into WC.
I’ve discovered that rock crawling is fun, maybe more so than you’d imagine. And overland travel and exploration is almost completely nonexistent in Texas because almost all the land In the state is privately owned.
Sponsored