Any trails in zion?

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Hey yall! Wondering if anyone knows of any trails in zion or around the area? Besides moab lol!
Sponsored

msg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 GMC Pickup, 2017 GMC Pickup (soon to be Jeep)
Hey yall! Wondering if anyone knows of any trails in zion or around the area? Besides moab lol!
Based on the area between Zion and Moab, you should check out Canyonlands. There's several off road trails at the northern "Island in the sky" area and more in the south side in the "needles" area. You need a day permit for some of the trails. I have personally not been there, but I am currently planning a long hiking/camping trip in March and have done extensive research of the area.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on the area between Zion and Moab, you should check out Canyonlands. There's several off road trails at the northern "Island in the sky" area and more in the south side in the "needles" area. You need a day permit for some of the trails. I have personally not been there, but I am currently planning a long hiking/camping trip in March and have done extensive research of the area.
Awesome! Thank you we will try to hit it up. We are going in February so if we find anything we will let you know so you can check it out in March

Sponsored

OP
OP
ania.manning

ania.manning

First Name
Ania
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sand hollow is really close to Zion.
I JUST found out about Sand hollows and I have no idea how we haven't heard about it before! It looks like the perfect playground

ckuptz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
The Cathedral Valley loop trail in Capitol Reef National Park. It is 60 miles long. We did it two years ago in our stock JKU Sport without any issue. Not particularly difficult. Almost no one out there. Very scenic. The Capitol Reef National Park Visitor Center sells a map/brochure that explains many of the stops and sites. It probably took us about 6-8 hours including stops.

https://capitolreef.org/trails/cathedral-valley/

ckuptz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Another good resource for trails in Utah and other western states is jeeptheusa.com. It is completely free and does not require any sort of registration.

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
I was in the area last year and explored in a rental wrangler. Incredible! Be sure to download maps off line or print them out before you go limited cell service in some areas out there. Enjoy!

Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
The Cathedral Valley loop trail in Capitol Reef National Park. It is 60 miles long. We did it two years ago in our stock JKU Sport without any issue. Not particularly difficult. Almost no one out there. Very scenic. The Capitol Reef National Park Visitor Center sells a map/brochure that explains many of the stops and sites. It probably took us about 6-8 hours including stops.

https://capitolreef.org/trails/cathedral-valley/
Did this back in 2017 in a stock 2 Door JK. It's a really fun drive and some open stretches allow you to get into the throttle a bit and do some "baja-ing". Again, not difficult whatsoever. The campground at roughly the half-way point of the loop is a great stopping point for the night. The stars are incredible. We saw one other vehicle during the entire loop.

J_rad91

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L
There’s a fun trail near Mt Carmel Junction going towards Kanab called Barrack’s trail.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I JUST found out about Sand hollows and I have no idea how we haven't heard about it before! It looks like the perfect playground
Sand hollow is great - everything from entry level Trails to 7-8s.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I would say check out Sand Hollow. That place is amazing! I was there in early Jan. and will be going back for sure.

https://utahpla.com/

Utah Public Land Alliance is an awesome page for trail maps and .gpx tracks for trails. It has great coverage of all the good spots. It does cost a 1 time fee of 25$, but it is a good cause, and the trail maps are well worth it.

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Lots of trails in the area. Check the jeep the USA site someone listed above.

Moab area and cathedral valley in Capitol reef aren’t really close to where you will be, But, if you have more time you should check them out—or do another trip dedicated to each.

Edit: check around the city of hurricane—I think that’s where they do the winter Jeep jamboree
Sponsored