any trade-ins yet

Prozac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Has anyone traded in their 2018 or newer Jeeps? If so, how much did they depreciate? what did you get.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Prozac

Prozac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
If you’d gotten a 2 door you wouldn’t be thinking like this.
lol. No, just didn't think I would want to tow a camper a year ago.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I traded an 18 a while back. I was not displeased with what I got but it was long enough ago to make the actual $ irrelevant. My guy gives me high KBB trade on my stuff usually. This was no different.

Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
In the process of selling to Carvana. So far so good, and way higher than the dealer offered. Lots of info out there and very few reported issues. I'll update once the deal is finalized.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I traded in a built 2019 Rubicon. Got 5k less than I would have on a comparable JK. Sales manager said the JLs are over priced and don't sell or hold their value as well at the JK. He showed me his system that shows the whole country (what's available, what sold for what, charts etc).

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I traded in a built 2019 Rubicon. Got 5k less than I would have on a comparable JK. Sales manager said the JLs are over priced and don't sell or hold their value as well at the JK. He showed me his system that shows the whole country (what's available, what sold for what, charts etc).
FCA seems to be charging a premium for every bell and whistle, as well as being particularly miserly with standard equipment. Does any other 2018+ model year vehicle come without standard A/C/power locks/windows? FCA wants an extra $3K just to bring Wranglers to roughly the same standard equipment as a $16.5K FIAT 500. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine rockin' windows from 1980, but it does ding the resale value.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Sounds like BS sales man say

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
FCA seems to be charging a premium for every bell and whistle, as well as being particularly miserly with standard equipment. Does any other 2018+ model year vehicle come without standard A/C/power locks/windows? FCA wants an extra $3K just to bring Wranglers to roughly the same standard equipment as a $16.5K FIAT 500. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine rockin' windows from 1980, but it does ding the resale value.
I'm not a fan of FCA. I'm hoping some competitors come out with options. I'd love to see the Mahindra Thar.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Sounds like BS sales man say
The guy has bought 20+ vehicles from me offering more than any competitor. Showing the evidence of what is going on is not BS salesman say. It was him being honest and showing me why he offered what he did, which was still higher than any other Rubicon offer in the country.

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
In the process of selling to Carvana. So far so good, and way higher than the dealer offered. Lots of info out there and very few reported issues. I'll update once the deal is finalized.
Not a jeep. But one of my cop buddies sold a car to carvana and it was an extremely simple process.

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The guy has bought 20+ vehicles from me offering more than any competitor. Showing the evidence of what is going on is not BS salesman say. It was him being honest and showing me why he offered what he did, which was still higher than any other Rubicon offer in the country.
Talking to one salesman you were able to determine that was the best offer in the country? And of course he wouldn't show you anything that contradicts what he is telling you is a fair offer.

noswttea4u

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
I sold my car to Carvana yesterday (not a Jeep). Took 10 minutes total and got my check on the spot. Extremely easy process.
Takes longer to load the vehicle than it does to compete the paperwork and inspection.
Sponsored