Sponsored

Any tips/tricks/words of advice/wisdom for a newbie?

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Nice color and model choice! My 4xe is my first jeep too. I’ve had it since the second week of May and have about 1000 miles on it. I would say getting a level 2 charger installed is my next bigger purchase for the jeep because the level 1 charger that came with the car is just doesn't allow you to use the all electric capability to its fullest potential.
As a newbie tip, you should get yourself a second phone number that the wife/significant other doesn’t know about. Give that number to all the girls who will ask you about that good looking Jeep!
Sponsored

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
As a newbie tip, you should get yourself a second phone number that the wife/significant other doesn’t know about. Give that number to all the girls who will ask you about that good looking Jeep!
Can attest to -- have 2nd phone just for this purpose. 😉👍

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Pretty much repeating what everyone else has said...just enjoy the ride...my 4xe is my 4th Jeep...I’ve left for other cars(all convertibles,of course)but it always pulls me back in...Driving a Jeep is truly a unique experience...especially with the doors off and top down...nothing compares and I would know...good luck

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
If you are going to modify your Jeep, only put good stuff on it. Most of the stuff on Amazon (e.g., bumpers, lights, etc.) are junk. There's a lot of mod stuff out there (e.g., lift kits, shocks, bumpers, winches, skids, etc.), and so much of its terrible for your rig. Where possible, put Made in USA stuff on your Jeep (e.g., Rock Krawler, Artec, American Venture Labs, etc.).

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and welcome! A few things...

Create a new household budget category labeled “Jeep.” The modification addiction is real!

As others have said, research before buying mods, and buy quality. Regarding Amazon, after you’ve made a decision on a quality part, compare their price for the item with the manufacturer‘s website price. I have actually found mods CHEAPER this way - and they aren’t knockoffs, but the real deal.

If you are new to off-roading, research that as well. There are tons of excellent YouTube videos for beginners. Wheel with more experienced folks that you trust; they will gladly teach you. Join a local Jeep club; many do not charge membership. If you are not comfortable with an obstacle, don’t do it. With that said, you will have the most fun if you challenge your comfort zone WITH experienced help to guide you and spot for you. Trust the durability of your Jeep, but take it slow and easy.

Have fun!

Kahoona

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, Black w/red
Occupation
Retired USCG CPO
Congrats, I too am new to this and the advice here is wonderful.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and welcome! A few things...

Create a new household budget category labeled “Jeep.” The modification addiction is real!

As others have said, research before buying mods, and buy quality. Regarding Amazon, after you’ve made a decision on a quality part, compare their price for the item with the manufacturer‘s website price. I have actually found mods CHEAPER this way - and they aren’t knockoffs, but the real deal.

If you are new to off-roading, research that as well. There are tons of excellent YouTube videos for beginners. Wheel with more experienced folks that you trust; they will gladly teach you. Join a local Jeep club; many do not charge membership. If you are not comfortable with an obstacle, don’t do it. With that said, you will have the most fun if you challenge your comfort zone WITH experienced help to guide you and spot for you. Trust the durability of your Jeep, but take it slow and easy.

Have fun!
Hey Jeff! I haven’t seen you around the forum. I hope all is well. Missed ya buddy.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I realize you (OP) mentioned you’re not ready for safari mode yet but in my opinion it’s the best feature of a Jeep. Ok, enjoy that beautiful machine now but in about a month, on a beautiful sunny day, take those freedom panels off. After you get a taste of that if it were me my first purchase would be a Top Lift Pro. Remove the roof and it’s like you bought a different vehicle.
Enjoy this summer that way. Next spring, purchase a door cart or door hangers and pull the doors and roof. It’s like being in a roller coaster without tracks and you can take it anywhere.
Do this and you’ll be a Jeep junkie like all of us in here.
It’s true this forum is like rehab for us.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I officially have Scooby Blu :involve:, my first Jeep, what words of wisdom/tips/tricks does a newbie need/should know about them?

20210601_104452.jpg
Beautiful rig, congrats...... you’ve got a lot of great advise so far. As you’ll find out pretty quickly, this forum rocks......:rock:.....my advise to you is to repeat what others have said because, imho, this is one of the most important things. Research, Research, Research, before jumping in. It will save you a lot of money, you know, so you can buy more parts........😁
Sponsored