Sponsored

Any tips/tricks/words of advice/wisdom for a newbie?

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Now that I officially have Scooby Blu :involve:, my first Jeep, what words of wisdom/tips/tricks does a newbie need/should know about them?

Jeep Wrangler JL Any tips/tricks/words of advice/wisdom for a newbie? 20210601_104452
Nice color and model choice! My 4xe is my first jeep too. I’ve had it since the second week of May and have about 1000 miles on it. I would say getting a level 2 charger installed is my next bigger purchase for the jeep because the level 1 charger that came with the car is just doesn't allow you to use the all electric capability to its fullest potential.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

First of all, that's quite possibly the best Jeep name I've ever seen. Brilliant.

That's actually all I've got, but I def want to follow this thread.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I would also recommend some kind of trunk organizer/net/tie downs. I find that anything I buy and put in the trunk tends to slide around. The 4xe currently doesn’t have an available trunk all weather mat and the carpet tends to be smooth enough to let things slide around easily.

But above all else, just enjoy the hell out of it. I’m used to babying my cars when I first get them, but I’ve already taken the wrangler on a camping road trip and I’ve only had it for three weeks. Cheers and congrats on your new Jeep!

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Drive it and decide how you will use it. That will dictate what will appeal to you and what not to waste money on.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Now that I officially have Scooby Blu :involve:, my first Jeep, what words of wisdom/tips/tricks does a newbie need/should know about them?

Jeep Wrangler JL Any tips/tricks/words of advice/wisdom for a newbie? 20210601_104452

Words of wisdom: the excitement of initial ownership, vicariously am I living it with you right now as I remember what it felt like....

...can breed impetuous purchase decisions that result in money wasted on product that wasn't, as it turns out, ideal for your tasks.

I've certainly wasted my share of money, for example, buying the Mopar handles only to realize with time and research that the GPCA ones were better for me.

So make a list of the kinds of things you want to do with your vehicle and read/ask questions here.

Now....this philosophy has limits. Don't suffer from analysis paralysis. Do some research and then buy. It may not be perfect but life isn't perfect.

Have fun!!!!

OP
OP

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
Nice color and model choice! My 4xe is my first jeep too. I’ve had it since the second week of May and have about 1000 miles on it. I would say getting a level 2 charger installed is my next bigger purchase for the jeep because the level 1 charger that came with the car is just doesn't allow you to use the all electric capability to its fullest potential.
Managed to snag a ChargePoint off Amazon before they sold out/price jumped astronomically. Had an estimate for the second meter and line before the Jeep arrived. Level 2 charger is all set for install next week. :like:

OP
OP

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
I would also recommend some kind of trunk organizer/net/tie downs. I find that anything I buy and put in the trunk tends to slide around. The 4xe currently doesn’t have an available trunk all weather mat and the carpet tends to be smooth enough to let things slide around easily.

But above all else, just enjoy the hell out of it. I’m used to babying my cars when I first get them, but I’ve already taken the wrangler on a camping road trip and I’ve only had it for three weeks. Cheers and congrats on your new Jeep!
I'm on Weathertech's email list for when they have the mats available for the cargo area. I was going to order the Mopar ones when I built it, but I wanted the carpet ones as well and the dealer told me it was either or, so I scrapped them at the final approval.

And I will absolutely enjoy her! I've wanted one since I learned how to drive (far too many years ago). Every time it was "my" turn to get a new vehicle, my hubs would ask what I wanted (as if he needed to ask) and it was always "my JEEP"! One thing or another always prevented me from getting it but not this time. :rock:

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Drive it and decide how you will use it. That will dictate what will appeal to you and what not to waste money on.
What he said. There are tons of folks who get a new Jeep, put on a lift and monster wheels/tires and then bi.ch about lousy handling, harsh ride and terrible fuel economy. A stock Jeepis a pretty darn good rig. Enjoy yours and just add the mods you really need based on YOUR use age. You’ll save a ton of $$ and be far happier with your rig downrange😊

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"

Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Earplugs. A cacophonous chorus of people who own different trims of the same vehicle may soon start telling you that you made a mistake in not buying the trim that they prefer. Ignore it to the best of your ability, and enjoy your Jeep to its fullest. It's a blast.

And please refer to all your mods as Scooby Snacks.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!!! :like: Enjoy and do your mod's the way you want. :jk:

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I remember seeing a Jeep with a bright pink grille. My first thought was that it was the ugliest thing. However, I watched the lady who owned it smile and look back at it when she walked away, obviously smitten with it. That is what matters. Make it your Jeep, not someone else's.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
The only other thing is, "remember what you bought." While this may be advice for any new car, it seems to apply more to a Jeep. It is not going to handle like a sports car, it will use more gas than you think, it will have more rattles than you may wish and it will make drinking coffee while you drive more difficult.

If you remember what you bought and what it was built for, you will love it. If you expect perfection, you will never be happy.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Sahara
Very nice! I picked mine up last weekend and it has yet to earn a name. I've ordered a dead pedal (installing this weekend), stubby antenna, mopar floormats, 240V 40 AMP portable charger, and several organizational drop-ins. I went with the portable rather than the wall-mount because I already have a 40 AMP NEMA 14-50 receptacle in my garage (for a tesla) and like the idea of taking the charger with me. I echo the above about doing what you want and solving problems as you come across them.
Sponsored