Sponsored

Any thoughts on this? EVO MANUFACTURING 2.5IN ENFORCER STAGE 1 LIFT KIT W/ KING 2.0 SHOCKS

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Lot of coin for a base kit, paying for the Kings. Going to need at least a front track bar, both front and rear be better. For near the same amount of cash you could get the OME, Icon Stage 3 or JKS. Another option could be the Cayton entry level with some Fox or King 2.0 for just a tad more. In the end it's your rig.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I wouldn’t suggest that kit. It’s missing way to much because of the cost of the Kings. You’ll have to spend a ton to get the needed parts.

The metalcloak true dual is under this price point but comes with upper control arms for caster correction, 4 coils and shocks, front and rear track bars in addition to all the support pieces. You could spend the savings on some lower control arms too and be halfway to the game changer System

brett

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
x2 with what others said. Those King shocks are IFP, which are not that great. They are also way over priced for what you get compared to a Fox 2.0 R/R shock.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
I can agree with most of what is said in this thread so far. That EVO kit is pretty basic and those kings are standard IFP like Accutune mentioned.

Some of the EVO kits seem nice but I honestly don't have any personal experience with them. I opted for the JKS 2.5" kit with HD springs. At that price point you get a lot with that kit - front and rear swaybar endlinks, bumpstop extensions, adjustable track bar, and you can option it with Fox IFP shocks for a small price increase.

I got that JKS kit with their basic shocks because I had the intention on upgrading shocks at some point. I was on the fence between a set of Falcon's, King's or Fox with resi's from Accutune, or the custom-valved 2.5" King's from EVO. I reached out to a few folks on Instagram who I know are running the custom valved stuff from Accutune and I heard nothing but great things but I ended up going with the King 2.5's from EVO. Haven't had the chance to get them off road yet but they've only been on my Jeep for a couple days and they ride amazingly well on the street - huge improvement over the basic JKS monotube shocks that came with the kit.

That was a lot of words - but the point I'm trying to make is that you may be better off focusing on getting the "right" suspension components first. Get the correct springs for your application (correct height and springrate), I would highly recommend adjustable track bars front and rear, and swaybar endlinks. Get the Jeep driving correctly and then focus on getting the shocks that suite your needs. My King 2.5's with reservoirs and adjusters may be overkill for me 75% of the time, but I'll sure be happy I got them once they're on dirt. Don't focus on the fact that the EVO kit is sub $2k and comes with King's. Just my .02
Sponsored