Sponsored

Any Texas (Austin) dealers doing 5% under invoice??...or close to it...

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey,

From what I've read, 5% under invoice is roughly the best price out their on a Wrangler. Anyone, able to get that kind of pricing in Texas (specifically close to Austin)? If not, what's the best pricing out there in the Texas area?

I'd consider Koons of Tysons Corner, but I have a potential trade in. Seems like it may be easier to deal with someone nearby.

I'm still debating going with a relatively stock Sport, or just say the hell with it and go Rubicon. :rock:

Thanks
Sponsored

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Morning,

I ordered a 2 door from Helfman River Oaks in Houston, they did 4% under invoice. When I was ordering back in January none of the Austin dealers were competitive. Think that has changed now. Back when I ordered Maxwell wanted MSRP but recently when I was considering replacing my family 4 door vehical with a 4 door jeep they were willing to match the offer from Helfman.

Bluegoose972

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red, 1966 Mustang Convertible (rebuilding)
I recently purchased. I concur with cmb....Helman River Oaks (Ask for Mark Guzman) was the best deal I could find in Texas. I believe you will still need Tread Lightly to get the deal and he won't offer it up unless you reference this website. They have some jeeps onsite and will apply it against them, but most likely you will want to order to get the combination you want.

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I ordered in mid March thru Maxwell at 4 percent under invoice. They ask for a 1k deposit and doc fee is around 130 bucks. Decent deal, especially as they are 5 miles from me.

OP
OP
phatjoe

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks everyone for the leads....

Sponsored

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Funny, Wife and I were considering flying to Idaho to pick up a Boerbole (dog). Figured if I were going there anyway, might as well drive a JLUR down from Dillon as I heard they are are 7% under with in house financing and 5% under on yours. However, that's a hell of a drive for my bones. Local would be better if the price is right.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I'm in Dripping Springs. I would contact one of these guys:

George Cucalon at South Point
James White (he's now in finance, but a friend) at Mak Haik in Georgetown
Justin Gann at Covert
Or someone at Nyle Maxwell. I don't have a contact there.

You should be able to get one of them to match the River Oaks deal and being a member of Tread Lightly will help them get there because they get a kickback for you using the program. You just have to help your dealer help you.

Justin, James, and George are all Jeep guys that participate in the hobby outside of their jobs. Join Austin Jeep People if you're on Facebook. Its a good group with lots of meet ups and wheeling trips.

Marcus

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Superior in Conway, AK contact Kim
5% under
6% under with Tread Lightly
$130 processing fee.

Cheaper then Koons and much closer to you.
The ball is in your hands.

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Hey,

From what I've read, 5% under invoice is roughly the best price out their on a Wrangler. Anyone, able to get that kind of pricing in Texas (specifically close to Austin)? If not, what's the best pricing out there in the Texas area?

I'd consider Koons of Tysons Corner, but I have a potential trade in. Seems like it may be easier to deal with someone nearby.

I'm still debating going with a relatively stock Sport, or just say the hell with it and go Rubicon. :rock:

Thanks
Hey, I am also ready to order and will be based in Austin very soon. Did you find a good dealer? Cheers!

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got about 2.5% ($1500 below invoice) on a JLUR at Covert Austin w/ Bart Gunkel. Ordered 2 weeks ago and he said 4-5 week delivery but with the welding/etc drama I'm not expecting it anytime soon. It has been in D1 since last week, though.

The closest 5% is River Oaks Jeep but I didn't feel like seeing Houston anytime soon. If you're willing to drive about 8 hours Superior Five Star is doing about 7% off. Kim I think is her name. She's listed in the dealer thread. If I wasn't trading in a car and needed the ability to walk out as leverage I would've gone with her.

Kinda figured I live here so I'd be dealing with Covert quite a bit might as well buy there.

edit: They had a white not fully loaded JLUR I test drove a week or two ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
I got about 2.5% ($1500 below invoice) on a JLUR at Covert Austin w/ Bart Gunkel. Ordered 2 weeks ago and he said 4-5 week delivery but with the welding/etc drama I'm not expecting it anytime soon. It has been in D1 since last week, though.

The closest 5% is River Oaks Jeep but I didn't feel like seeing Houston anytime soon. If you're willing to drive about 8 hours Superior Five Star is doing about 7% off. Kim I think is her name. She's listed in the dealer thread. If I wasn't trading in a car and needed the ability to walk out as leverage I would've gone with her.

Kinda figured I live here so I'd be dealing with Covert quite a bit might as well buy there.

edit: They had a white not fully loaded JLUR I test drove a week or two ago.
Just ordered my Rubicon from Jason in Chicago (where we will be for a few weeks before moving down to Austin)! Got 6% under and temp plates, so no IL tax but TX sales tax. Very excited!

MBLY

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR V6 Auto - 17 Audi R8 V10 Plus
Morning,

I ordered a 2 door from Helfman River Oaks in Houston, they did 4% under invoice. When I was ordering back in January none of the Austin dealers were competitive. Think that has changed now. Back when I ordered Maxwell wanted MSRP but recently when I was considering replacing my family 4 door vehical with a 4 door jeep they were willing to match the offer from Helfman.
Helfman is not good. I was on vacation in Austin/Houston and looking for deals on Jeeps. I called them because I saw a loaded white JL and they didn’t want to do any deal. So I went in just to check it out and actually ran into the owner of the dealership. He was nice and offered the JL at invoice so we said we’d do it and call Jim to get all the paperwork done and transfer money. This talk was on Saturday and had to wait till Monday. We called Monday 6 times to work with the guy that’s suppose to finalize the deal, never got ahold of him and then he called 5mins after the banks closed.

The owner was nice and wanted to do a deal. The salesman on the other hand are crap and I’d never consider them again.

Tgpj83

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Let’s clarify. There’s two Helfman Jeep dealerships in Houston.

Helfman River Oaks is THE best. I personally ordered my Jeep last week and got almost 6% off. My salesman was Justin Kavian. Awesome guy and will make sure you’re happy.

The other Helfman Jeep dealership I’m not sure about.

MBLY

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR V6 Auto - 17 Audi R8 V10 Plus
Hey,

Thanks
Nyle Maxwell in Austin was trying very hard to get my business this weekend but they only had a red one with the options we wanted. They’re showing most JL 3/4k off right now.

Ask for Joe Reed, he’s a younger guy and he was working hard to find us something. We just don’t like red so didn’t buy from them.
Sponsored