Sponsored

Any suggestions for 17x9 +12 wheel fitment on a sport with 315/70s?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I like. They match the color of the Jeep.

Please post one from the front and one from the back if you have them. I want to see how far they stick out past the fenders.

What size tires are these?
Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I like. They match the color of the Jeep.

Please post one from the front and one from the back if you have them. I want to see how far they stick out past the fenders.

What size tires are these?
17x9 -12. And i can post more just has to wait till i can get a break. If not ill post them in the morning. They stick out about .75-1 inch with oem k02s.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Do you know which offset are those wheels? I think they are available in -12 and 0. Yours look great!
-12 i beleive I also have these exact rims posted for 800 rims only. But I’m waiting on the stealership to get back to me on when I can come get the car.

Gaylon

First Name
Gaylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser
-12 i beleive I also have these exact rims posted for 800 rims only. But I’m waiting on the stealership to get back to me on when I can come get the car.
I am looking at them in Bronze. Why do you want to sell them? Also, is there a problem with your jeep?

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I am looking at them in Bronze. Why do you want to sell them? Also, is there a problem with your jeep?
I have it posted on here. Jeep has been in the shop for about 5 months now. Cant be deemed a lemon supposedly just cause it’s out of the law terms. Im currently looking to get out of the jeep and move on to a car cause I drive an hour to work everyday and it’s no longer reasonable. Plus with 5 months wait on seat mounting and frame issues plus getting it back in worse condition every time. I prefer to never have a chrysler product in my garage again. Looking to sell everything and move forward.

Gaylon

First Name
Gaylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser
I have it posted on here. Jeep has been in the shop for about 5 months now. Cant be deemed a lemon supposedly just cause it’s out of the law terms. Im currently looking to get out of the jeep and move on to a car cause I drive an hour to work everyday and it’s no longer reasonable. Plus with 5 months wait on seat mounting and frame issues plus getting it back in worse condition every time. I prefer to never have a chrysler product in my garage again. Looking to sell everything and move forward.
Understood. I am mostly a Toyota guy. I totally understand and have zero patience for vehicle issues.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
What exactly is the issue with the Jeep? That is a long time to be without your vehicle.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
What exactly is the issue with the Jeep? That is a long time to be without your vehicle.
So super long story made short. Both front seat rails came apart so the seats moved freely. Brought it to a dealer and 3 and a half months later they “fixed” it. The next day the whole driver seat can be moved by ha d cause they stripped the mounting bolt hole so bad it allows the bolt to do circles in place. Now at about 6-7 months im still in a rental and still trying to figure it out. I’d post the video of there work but it shows files to long

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Understood. I am mostly a Toyota guy. I totally understand and have zero patience for vehicle issues.
I can be Patient. But I’m no push over. You dont find Toyota’s on the side of the road and I stand behind them 100%.

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
As a data point, I'm running 17x9 -6 on my Willys. I tried them stop to stop on the Rubicon takeoff suspension I had on at the time, and there were no clearance issues of any kind. I was going to run that way for awhile until I got a chance to put the new lift on, but then circumstances changed, and I ended up putting it on right away. I didn't drive like that, but I think it really would have been fine. I probably would have even wheeled it like that.

I haven't gotten around to doing anything with the Rubicon takeoff suspension yet. I'm only going to sell the wheels and tires locally, but I could probably ship the springs and shocks. I saved a box from my lift kit for that purpose, even. It was a good, cheap, effective lift that gave me a taste of whether or not I wanted more. Which, of course I did :CWL:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I'm concerned about tucking such a large wheel so close to my control arms, and I'd be worried that at full turn, I'd be grinding rubber into my suspension. Not at all worried about fender rubbing- not planning on flexing hard enough to run into that any time soon, and I'll be taking off the front air dams anyway. By the time I'm able to go out and flex like that, I'll have picked up Rubi takeoff shocks/springs for a little more clearance. Just to clarify, I understand the backspacing difference, and yes, I have plugged it into rimsntires.com. At the moment, I'm not concerned about a regear, or a lift; that's another battle for another day. I've tried searching every dark corner of the forum for a definitive answer, but I've had no such luck.

This is my daily driver, 99% of miles are pavement, so my primary concern is for on-road performance. I'm going with a set of 5 315/70r17 BFG K02s. The wheels I'm looking at are the Rocktrix RT105s, which come in a +12, and -12 offset. Obviously a -12 would fit, but I'd also be worried about putting too much strain on my axles and wheels bearings, wearing them out prematurely. Anybody been in a similar boat with some hindsight advice to give me?
That's exactly I have on my Rubicon. I bought Fuel Assault wheels with the specs you gave and have had no problems at all.

kalashnikovjl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR Billet Silver
Build Thread
Link
I went with KMC 545 Trek, 17x9, 5" backspace, 0 offset, with Falken 315/70s. Really like the way they look, a bit wider track but not too far past the fenders, no rubbing stop to stop. I did add an AEV 2.5" lift at the same time. I am about 300 miles into the setup and no complaints so far.

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_6407.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg
these are gorgeous! I plan on getting these for my rig, but the -12 offset. They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look! looks like I'm going to have to wait until mid February to get them in hand! can't wait, they are beautiful! How are they treating you?

JaxPilot

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito! Sahara 2.0L Turbo
these are gorgeous! I plan on getting these for my rig, but the -12 offset. They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look! looks like I'm going to have to wait until mid February to get them in hand! can't wait, they are beautiful! How are they treating you?
I've got 35K miles on them now, and they are great. I get people coming up and commenting on them all the time, and I have not yet seen a single Jeep in NE Florida with these wheels. So I really like that they are fairly unique. They look just as good now as on Day 1.

EDIT: Summit Racing has 5 of them in stock now. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kmc-54579050412n

kalashnikovjl

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR Billet Silver
Build Thread
Link
I've got 35K miles on them now, and they are great. I get people coming up and commenting on them all the time, and I have not yet seen a single Jeep in NE Florida with these wheels. So I really like that they are fairly unique. They look just as good now as on Day 1.

EDIT: Summit Racing has 5 of them in stock now. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kmc-54579050412n
that’s awesome! i haven’t seen them around here in south florida so i’m super excited to have something real unique.

wow! thanks for the link! now i might have to go ahead and get them Lol!
Sponsored