Sponsored

Any Sport/S owners remove those bumper to fender air dams?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
If anyone is just simply removing these and tossing them, I'm interested in buying an extra set to trim in case I mess it up or don't like how it looks.
Let me check, they may have gone to the dump with the bumper but they also may still be in my garage.
Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Has anyone noted the difference in highway mileage after removing the little fender air dams. I drive my 2-door Sport S on the highway a lot, and do like getting 24 mpg when I keep my foot out of it. I hate the way those fender air dams look, but if it's increasing my gas mileage on the highway by 4-5 mpg, I'll keep them on and live with it.

Best,
-Tim

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Let me check, they may have gone to the dump with the bumper but they also may still be in my garage.
Thanks man, I appreciate you looking. PM me if you still have them.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Here's mine - I left them off for almost a year, then finally decided to cut them this week instead. I had some trim clips left over from an old project car so we popped the nutserts out and just reattached the covers with clips. The OEM screws were way to long (IMO) and a huge waste of time to remove. :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Any Sport/S owners remove those bumper to fender air dams? IMG_3031.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Any Sport/S owners remove those bumper to fender air dams? IMG_3033.JPG

rid34fun

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha Super Tenere
Occupation
Director of Campus Development
Did mine today. I didn't remove them, just cut very carefully and slowly with a utility knife. Go slow, use one hand as a guide and score it first, then cut through. Looks great!

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i removed mine. that lasted for 3 weeks tell my new bumper came in. well worth it though cause its ugly with the air dam pcs.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Did mine today. I didn't remove them, just cut very carefully and slowly with a utility knife. Go slow, use one hand as a guide and score it first, then cut through. Looks great!
Do you have any pictures of the final product? I really like your idea of trimming in place.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Did you trim working from the front or behind the bumper?

The end cap provides a "guide" but looks like you need the blade cutting horizontal rather than vertical.
Sponsored