Sponsored

Any snorkel experience updates? Models/The good and the bad?

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just wondering if folks with snorkels (raised air intakes) are liking them? Rattles? Problems? Rain performance? Also anyone who has one in big snow country having issues with snow clogging? Love to hear about your experiences...
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just wondering if folks with snorkels (raised air intakes) are liking them? Rattles? Problems? Rain performance? Also anyone who has one in big snow country having issues with snow clogging? Love to hear about your experiences...
Out of curiosity, why are you wanting a snorkel???

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Mine works great. I'm running the Mopar snorkel and I haven't had any issues with it. Doing wheeling trips on extremely dusty, high-altitude trails, I was replacing air filters almost monthly. Now I'm doing it seasonally, if not less.

OP
OP

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, what spank said. Lots of powder dust trails and forest roads. I've had to literally spoon the dust and dirt from the airbox a few times. Looking at the "raised air intake" aspect and not interested in being a submarine. I'm leaning toward the Mopar for fit/warranty issues but would like to hear about others experiences too.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Looking at the "raised air intake" aspect and not interested in being a submarine.
Same here. I never bought mine for taking my Jeep underwater, but a lot of people ask me if I have and are surprised when I tell them that isn't what it's for.

My Jeep still inhales a massive amount of dust and other shit in the air, but it's not nearly as bad when the intake is moved up. While I can splash around in water a little more confidently if necessary, I have no illusions that my Jeep can perform like Michael Phelps.

I ain't gonna lie, though. There's the look factor as well and that does bear a small amount of reasoning behind getting one, too.

UtahRubi

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone have the AEV snorkel with the pre-filter? The pre-filter appeals to me with as the trails in Utah are dry as a bone this year... well... every year!
Sponsored