Sponsored

Any shops you trust in southern oregon ?

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Looking for a shop with a good reputation in the southern oregon area if anybody has any recommendations.
Sponsored

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think I was alone here. That’s really the same thing I may need is a re-gear, but if I found a go shop I’m sure I would have more work for them in the future.

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So after my lift install I used this shop in grants pass for my alignment. They were fair and I felt they did a good job. Just wasn’t sure about gear install I just need to call them. They had a pretty sick Jeep they were building so I think they could probably do it.

southernoregontire4x4.com

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Awesome to know at least that. It’s such a 4x4 desert around here with few if any dedicated trails and shops that specialize in 4x4 work. I do most of my own work, but gears might be above my pay grade so when ready I’d like to be able to take it someplace that at least 1 other person I know has some experience with.

If I do use a local shop I will post my experience with them here. Thanks for the shout out.................I’m not alone!

By the way, Nice Jeep!

Sponsored

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Out of curiosity, what gears are you thinking? I’m currently on 35s, but will be going to 37s soon. I’m planning to try it for a while with the stock 4.10s. What I’ve read on hear is 5.13 is a sweet spot, but 4.88s should also be good.

Good luck!

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, what gears are you thinking? I’m currently on 35s, but will be going to 37s soon. I’m planning to try it for a while with the stock 4.10s. What I’ve read on hear is 5.13 is a sweet spot, but 4.88s should also be good.

Good luck!
In my experience stock works great up to a 35” but when we jumped to 37” there is a very noticeable loss In power, not as quick from a stop and usually never see above 6th gear. We are going to put in 4.88’s, it should improve power performance and still be decent on gas. Our Jeep is still and will likely remain a daily driver. If undecided you should take a few things into consideration like vehicle weight. If you add some solid bumpers and rock rail, or cargo management systems and pack your Jeep for the trail. You may want to go 5.13. We don’t do any overland stuff at the moment most of our off-road adventures are one or two day trips. But you definitely got me thinking. I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying them until I found a shop but they are in my shopping cart.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
In my experience stock works great up to a 35” but when we jumped to 37” there is a very noticeable loss In power, not as quick from a stop and usually never see above 6th gear. We are going to put in 4.88’s, it should improve power performance and still be decent on gas. Our Jeep is still and will likely remain a daily driver. If undecided you should take a few things into consideration like vehicle weight. If you add some solid bumpers and rock rail, or cargo management systems and pack your Jeep for the trail. You may want to go 5.13. We don’t do any overland stuff at the moment most of our off-road adventures are one or two day trips. But you definitely got me thinking. I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying them until I found a shop but they are in my shopping cart.
Awesome! Thanks for the response. I may end up with a small teardrop trailer or something, so I’ll probably go 5.13s if/when I get it done.

If you don’t mind, post up here when you’re done. It would give me some knowledge about the process and cost.

thanks, rc

Jeepstrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Thanks for the response. I may end up with a small teardrop trailer or something, so I’ll probably go 5.13s if/when I get it done.

If you don’t mind, post up here when you’re done. It would give me some knowledge about the process and cost.

thanks, rc
Certainly

Sponsored

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Thanks for the info. I’m going to want to do make the jump to 37s around April or may and I pull a trailer, so I’ll have to make a decision soon.

Sirois2018

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Grande Cherokee Overland, 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
curious what you had them do. I’m thinking of having kilter do my gears.
They did my gears. Everything seems to be perfect.
Sponsored