Sponsored

Any Rubicon owners NOT planning to install lift/tires?

Are you leaving your Rubicon with stock wheels/tires?

• Total voters

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
I am having trouble deciding whether to install a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires or leave my JL Rubicon as is with the stock Rubicon wheels and 33 inch tires. I am coming out of a JK with a 3 inch lift and 35 inch tires so I was dead set on lifting my JL and placing 35's. Now that I have the JL, I enjoy the way it rides and the ease of getting in and out...not as much for me, but for my petite (short) wife and my daughters. I also like the way it looks with this stock configuration.

But...I know I will feel much better off-road with the lift and 35's. However, this is only about 5% of my driving.

Anyone leaving their Rubicon as is? If so, why?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
For now the suspension will remain stock, but I am putting 35”s on it. I am waiting to see aftermarket shock alone upgrades before I decide on a lift. I know I won’t go 37”s so not sure I really need a lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
texasbryan

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
For now the suspension will remain stock, but I am putting 35”s on it. I am waiting to see aftermarket shock alone upgrades before I decide on a lift. I know I won’t go 37”s so not sure I really need a lift.
I am pondering this myself. 35's alone will give it a small lift and slightly more clearance. Should be fine for mild/moderate off-roading, but may pose a problem with more challenging terrain and the sway bar disconnected. I'm guessing the 35's would get jammed up into the wheel wells in that situation.

Sponsored

RubiconDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Leaving it stock for now. Will continue playing off road with my JKUR for a while longer......

Jtimbrook

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
I've put so much in to my JKU that at this point I'm going to leave the JLU stock until the shocks die and then upgrade to King air shocks and call it a day...

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Keeping stock for 2 reasons...
1. Its a lease for me.
2. Its my first Rubi and is costing an arm and a leg.

Last JK I had a spacer lift with upgraded tires. The budget boost took me forever to install myself...If budget was not an issue, i'd go with the 2" mopar and 35s...and some of those tubular doors :like:

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Leaving stock for now. The Rubi is quite capable as it comes (at least for what I want to do). When my capabilities increase, I will look at modifying it further.
Sponsored